What's new

W&B Rescale Finished

I had been posting over on SRP about my Wade & Buthcer's and H. Boker's (we had threads set up specifically for both) but since SRP seems to be down.....I thought I'd post a few pics over here. This is my W&B Gentlemen's Razor No. 1 that I purchased off Eboy a few weeks back to put a set of custom scales on. I've picked up about 10 different types of African and South American hardwoods to use and drawn up 4 different types of scales that I am going to work on making. This particular set is just the initial prototype which I wasnt' going to use but decided for lack of anything better to do today that I'd mess with them. One thing lead to another and I ended up completely finishing them. They are made from Padauk and sealed with Renaissance Wax Polish. The wedge is made from Walnut for a nice contrast. The pins are the small brass machine screws and nuts that we've been talking about lately at SRP. They are very easy to use and look great. I will be cutting my future scales with my tablesaw, but these prototypes were done completely by hand - the cutting, shaping and sanding. So they aren't the most even/flat scales on the face of the planet, but I really like how they turned out. The blade still needs some polishing which I will do in due time, my main concern at this point was completing and assembling a set of scales usable scales.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Those turned out very nice!!!

HEY DOC!!!! Hope you're feeling better! It's good to see you over here. Maybe jlander has an idea.....PM me when you're feeling better and we'll see whats up with SRP at that time.

Top Bottom