What's new

Vitos vs. Cella (Tub)

Cella is nice, but Vitos really knocks the ball out of the park, with the bases loaded. Admittedly this is a comparison to Cella in the tub, which may not be the same as the brick. But in comparison with Cella in the tub, Vitos' latherability (as opposed to the resulting lather) is IMHO far better. I prefer Arko on this front to tub Cella since it is, for me, far easier to lather (something about the peanut butter like consistency just makes tub Cella a bit tougher to lather). And Vitos on this front is similar to Arko. The lather itself is also superior to tub Cella, with residual slickness similar to MWF. Plus, Cella tingles, no horrible irritation but it is noticeable. I do not have sensitive skin, and I don't experience this with other soaps, including Vitos. Vitos' post shave feel is pretty darned good, equivalent, if not better than tub Cella.

In the World Cup of Italian soft soaps, I call it Genova 1, Milano 0.

Attachments

• IMG_3520.JPG
    IMG_3520.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Would love to buy the Vitos brick but I would never be able to finish it. Unfortunately none of my friends wet shave with a brush otherwise I'd buy it and just give them some chunks.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
OP, did you use the Extra Super with coconut oil?

I have 4-5 Italian croap samples I'll be reviewing in the near future. Cella (brick) and Vitos Extra Super with Coco are included in the upcoming comparo

OP, did you use the Extra Super with coconut oil?

I have 4-5 Italian croap samples I'll be reviewing in the near future. Cella (brick) and Vitos Extra Super with Coco are included in the upcoming comparo

Yup, with the Coco. I will be looking out for your review!

I'm a BIG fan of anything Vitos, and have been gently reminding people on this forum for quite some time to take a close look at this line if they're interested in anything Italian. I think it's superior to Cella, too. Nothing against Cella, but like you I think it takes the shave up a notch with post-shave feel, ease of lathering, and mildness of the scent. I also use the eucalyptus cream which is phenomenal, and their 400ml aftershave, a mild citrusy tonic that fades rapidly and leaves a nice, fresh and clean finish to the shave. I think all of their 1kg bricks would perform as well, but the Super Coco is top notch. If you wrap it up nice it'll keep, and a brick will last well over a year, maybe two. A kilo doesn't fit in well with the "I've got 53 soaps and creams in my rotation" mindset; a kilo says, "this is what I use." You could always do a 4 way split with other members on this forum. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

Don

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Marco, in what ways do Cella & Vitos differ? Which formulas have you used, tub/brick, Extra Super/coconut oil?

Appreciate your thoughts

Cella is superior IMHO.
Maybe the Cella kilo block is different from the tub. Either way we are talking about which is the better of two very excellent products, and naturally preferences can vary from person to person. In any case, this is yet another area in which the Italians demonstrate that they have perfected the art of living!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, I have used everything.

Vitos, in terms of formula and performance, is much more similar to the legendary P.160 rather than Cella.

All these soaps are amazing, but I find that Cella gives a slightly better post-shave feel compared to both Vitos and P.160. Also, there are family reasons why Cella has a special place in my heart - as my old B&B friends already know.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Maybe the Cella kilo block is different from the tub. Either way we are talking about which is the better of two very excellent products, and naturally preferences can vary from person to person. In any case, this is yet another area in which the Italians demonstrate that they have perfected the art of living!

Of course, Sir. :001_smile

I'm a BIG fan of anything Vitos, and have been gently reminding people on this forum for quite some time to take a close look at this line if they're interested in anything Italian. I think it's superior to Cella, too. Nothing against Cella, but like you I think it takes the shave up a notch with post-shave feel, ease of lathering, and mildness of the scent. I also use the eucalyptus cream which is phenomenal, and their 400ml aftershave, a mild citrusy tonic that fades rapidly and leaves a nice, fresh and clean finish to the shave. I think all of their 1kg bricks would perform as well, but the Super Coco is top notch. If you wrap it up nice it'll keep, and a brick will last well over a year, maybe two. A kilo doesn't fit in well with the "I've got 53 soaps and creams in my rotation" mindset; a kilo says, "this is what I use." You could always do a 4 way split with other members on this forum. I'm sure there would be plenty of takers.

Don

I share your observations.

My current stock of soaps consists of the Vitos kilo, a kilo of Arko and a couple of pucks of MWF (and the Cella, which given the tub, will be my travel soap). I think 53 soaps would blow my circuits. :001_302: These three are excellent, and different enough to provide variety without inducing schizophrenic shock. In other words, these are the three that I use.

The Vitos is in an air tight ziplock in a dark dry vanity, so it is better wrapped than the container it came in. From what I understand, it should last a long time.

I'm reviving this old post since Connaught Shaving has brought back Vitos (both Green and Red) in 100 grams blocks for only 3 Pounds. Somewhere I read that Vitos is on par with other Italian legendary soaps such as Valobra, Cella and the like, if any of you has tried Vitos lately please share your thoughts, Thanks!

Just received a block of Vito’s red from Italian barber. Plan on using it tomorrow for my Sunday shave. Will weigh in after.

Attachments

• 25D8B8FA-3AE6-4DBC-9A0D-8A88B973C1CE.jpeg
    25D8B8FA-3AE6-4DBC-9A0D-8A88B973C1CE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
I almost finished my first 100g tub of Vitos red and it became in the past months my most favorite soap. It is equal in performance to Tabac, very easy to lather, great slickness & post shave feel. I have used Cella and Valobra before and while they are great soaps, Vitos beats them by far. (YMMV, of course) But definitely a soap one should try out & it is great that Connaught Shaving is offering Vitos in a smaller size.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've tried nearly all traditional Italian almond soaps/croaps that are currently available and personally I cant discern a huge difference performance wise between Cella, Vitos, and Valobra. Boellis and Antica Barbieria on the other hand...

Top Bottom