What's new

Vitos Matching Soap Tin?

Hi, you will love Vito's! Sorry, I know of no tin. I just keep mine in a freezer zip lock bag and cut a chunk off with my knife before each shave.

IMG_1942.jpeg
This is what I did. I put it in a twist up tube and use it as a shave stick. Works great for me

There is no matching tub or container as no small sizes of the soap are sold.

Lots of info and ideas here. But basically, repurpose an old soap/cream container, buy a nice bowl or soap dish of you choice, fill it up and enjoy.

You could always print your own label but I wouldn't bother.

Post in thread 'Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues' Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/vitos-extra-super-coco-extra-super-rosso-1000-ml-storage-issues.587292/post-11152718

I generally store Vitos cloth in tin containers, even the glass containers of Extrocosmesi soaps are more than fine.

It keeps very well for years.

@Shaveprentice

That would be ideal! Because they are the same soap haaahahaaha

Not quite:

Vegetale Sapone: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Glycerin, Talc, Potassium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

Vitos Extra Super + Coco: Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehyde.

Not quite:

Vegetale Sapone: Stearic Acid, Aqua, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Glycerin, Talc, Potassium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

Vitos Extra Super + Coco: Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehyde.
I no longer have the 1 kg package of Vitos coconut, however, the ingredients have been slightly changed in the last two years.

The ingredients of the coconut Vitos that you posted should be the previous one before the change.
I got the ingredient list from a Vitos store website, the new formulation should be this:

Vitos Extra Super Coconut : Stearic Acid, Water, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Coconut, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Talc, Sodium Silicate, Glycerin, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

This the vegetable soap should have remained unchanged.

I forgot that there were two types of Vitos coconut Extra Super 1kg, at this moment I remembered.
I too had been surprised that there were two different versions of Vitos Red 1kg, with different ingredients.

Two years ago I sent an email to Susan Darnell,the producer of Vitos to ask for more information about the difference,they replied that there were differences but that the Red Extra Super Coco + one would no longer be produced.

The old Vitos Coconut Extra Super + was with tallow, now only Vitos Coconut Super Extra without tallow is produced.
In fact, the new Vitos coconut in the red packaging , the only one now available, has ingredients closer to Vitos vegetable soap with a somewhat more complete formulation.

My 1 kg coconut Vitos is from 2021, obviously there is no longer a box to remember if it is the one with or without tallow.
I had forgotten that there was the Vitos Red Extra Coco Plus.

Whatever, it was 2022 it's already been two years and I'm getting old. :biggrin1:

I no longer have the 1 kg package of Vitos coconut, however, the ingredients have been slightly changed in the last two years.

The ingredients of the coconut Vitos that you posted should be the previous one before the change.
I got the ingredient list from a Vitos store website, the new formulation should be this:

Vitos Extra Super Coconut : Stearic Acid, Water, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Coconut, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Talc, Sodium Silicate, Glycerin, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

This the vegetable soap should have remained unchanged.

I forgot that there were two types of Vitos coconut Extra Super 1kg, at this moment I remembered.
I too had been surprised that there were two different versions of Vitos Red 1kg, with different ingredients.

Two years ago I sent an email to Susan Darnell,the producer of Vitos to ask for more information about the difference,they replied that there were differences but that the Red Extra Super Coco + one would no longer be produced.

The old Vitos Coconut Extra Super + was with tallow, now only Vitos Coconut Super Extra without tallow is produced.
In fact, the new Vitos coconut in the red packaging , the only one now available, has ingredients closer to Vitos vegetable soap with a somewhat more complete formulation.

My 1 kg coconut Vitos is from 2021, obviously there is no longer a box to remember if it is the one with or without tallow.
I had forgotten that there was the Vitos Red Extra Coco Plus.

Whatever, it was 2022 it's already been two years and I'm getting old. :biggrin1:

You guys are breaking my heart! I just bought a kilo brick of Extra Super Coco a couple months ago, which has the ingredients list I provided (tallow, no coconut oil). It’s so good!

You guys are breaking my heart! I just bought a kilo brick of Extra Super Coco a couple months ago, which has the ingredients list I provided (tallow, no coconut oil). It’s so good!
I suppose a few packages of the Vitos Red Coconut Super Extra Plus can still be found around.
Try scrolling down the page of this store that sells the 1 kg red Vitos and scroll down to find the ingredients.

Click here

Would you like another hint?

If you do a search on their Susan Darnell site, of the Vitos line they only have two bread references in their catalog, one green-colored almond packet ,the other coconut Extra Super.
Until a few years ago it also had another coconut reference marked Plus, as it happens, with tallow.

I think that the Vitos Super Extra soap they indicate now on their site is the new composition without tallow, you have to inquire by asking the company directly.
If you have a chance I encourage you to stock up on the Vitos Red Super Extra Plus.
I may misremember, in which case I will apologize.

Last edited:
Top Bottom