What's new

Vintage razors in local shop, which one to buy?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Buy the Deluxe "lady", the open comb Aristocrat TTO, and the Swing for starters. Good prices.

Bob's Bull Mastiff handle is a prize on that New! Collector's item.

R

romsitsa

"Dansk No Name fremstillet i Horsens" It's most likely an unbranded Matador in good condition. The head is zamak, but it's a really (really really) effective razor.

Adam

I like the nickel plated Techs. But the money amount is confusing to me.

This is a Scandinavian country? Norway or Sweden, I'm guessing?

Denmark I think.

With that selection of vintage DEs...one wonders what the maximum penalty for armed robbery is in Denmark, anyway...

download.jpg

That was a joke, son, a joke!

Yes Denmark, the land of milk and honey, haha. ...No seriously, this country is not usually the eden of safety razors, I am constantly hunting high and low here with no luck. And I did not see before that this well-known shop carries this amount of vintages. Great news for DE shaving here.

I take not of the cased usergrade (but nice condition) 1936 US Aristo at the equivalent of USD 38,50 :thumbup1:

Yes, and you better hurry now that you've showed everybody at Badger and Blade!
Cooncatbob was a respected member here but passed away a few years ago.
Beautiful handles, I fortunately own a custom one.
Got it and can't wait to try it.
THanks!

My instinctual reaction is to buy everything I don't see normally in the USA. That said, any of the Gillette Techs is a solid choice as there is very little I can distinguish between them even when separated by decades. Happy RADding!

Top Bottom