What's new

Vintage Razor Value/Prices

I've been away from the forum for over a year -- when did the value/prices on vintage Gillettes (Fat Boys, Slims, etc.) take such a nose dive? I was just looking on e-bay and saw Slims had been selling for less than $20 and Fat Boys for less than $50. I remember a time when these things were pushing $100.

Just curious. Did they tumble with the economy?

No prices have been up into the fall. If you are seeing a dip I would guess it is the holidays.

Personally, I dropped out of the 401k at work and now all my money is in razors. They are much more fun to look at being so shiny and if all else fails, at least you can shave with them.

Hmmm. Just checked ebay and all of those Fatboys that where priced at 300 bucks are gone. Wonder if someone bought them or they have been delisted?

Fatboys had a real brief window there where the prices doubled, but they seem to have come back to earth lately. Slims got pulled along for the ride, but they seemed to be more reasonably priced even at the peak.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
A Rhodium - replate Fatboy went for about $240.00 on the bay a few days ago:huh:

I saw that, it was pretty but really has no collectible value. I have noticed the razor that seems to be hot right now are the Aristocrats. I have seen some going for well over a $100.00. A month ago they were $35.00 to $45.00. Could it be the new Fatboy?

Fatboys had a real brief window there where the prices doubled, but they seem to have come back to earth lately. Slims got pulled along for the ride, but they seemed to be more reasonably priced even at the peak.

That would be about the time I got into them (about 2 or 3 years ago for me). Couldn't get a Fat Boy for much less than a $100 it seemed.

I saw that, it was pretty but really has no collectible value. I have noticed the razor that seems to be hot right now are the Aristocrats. I have seen some going for well over a $100.00. A month ago they were $35.00 to $45.00. Could it be the new Fatboy?

I did see the Aristocrats seemed expensive...

Top Bottom