What's new

vintage old spice shaving mug - disappointing realisation

I use them for everything. I have one that I use just to hold Q-Tips. One is for holding my talc bag (for easier application on the body). And I have one that holds my puck of Williams soap. I have a dozen or so in reserve to use if a need arises.

I've been whipping up a good TOBS lather in an Old Spice mug with an Escali brush. Some clanking but it doesn't bother me yet.
Funny how we all do it different :thumbup:

^^ So they are big enough to lather a cream in, even if they are on the small side. Good to know!
I thought I was nuts after reading this thread, wondering if I was doing it all wrong. So I looked at some pics and videos here and on youtube and my lather looks like most others. LOL. It may not be an ideal bowl but so far it works for me. I'm only a month into this wet shaving thing so I may look back and shake my head at this post a year from now.
I fill the the sink up high enough to cover the mug and my brush with hot water and let them soak while I shower. Dump the mug out when ready, load some cream on the brush, whip it up in the warm mug and I'm ready to go.

I use a scuttle I bought on Etsy. This is for lather $uploadfromtaptalk1424476889996.jpg, bottom holds nice hot water and the bowel has special riches to whip a nice hot lather. Plus your lather stays hot thru the shave.

Like Big Jim said the Old Spice Collectibles site is the best source of information that I've found. The late glass mugs are the shortest and widest. Look on the mugs section of the website and click American Glass. Look for the mugs labeled "Late Glass."

Thank you again for the tips. Just pushed the button on a "late glass" mug with the "Grand Turk" and two ships on it!

Top Bottom