What's new

Vintage India Made DE Safety Razors

Here's an unbranded adjustable razor marked only with "India". I thought it might be vintage but now having seen it up close I'm not so sure of this. Does anybody have any idea who made this, or perhaps when? Does it happen to look like another modern razor that I'm simply unaware of? It seems well made and the adjustable mechanism works smoothly although I haven't shaved with it yet. It's "beefy" at 112 grams, my heaviest razor in the flock.

India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 1.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 2.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 3.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 4.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 5.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 6.JPG
India Made Adjustable DE Razor, 112g., 7.JPG

This is a present day razor made by Parker called Variant. You can search online. It's a Merkur Progress clone

Hey luv2shave. I'm slapping my head. I suspected this was going to be the outcome. I had read that most razors made in India were modern ones and branded under well known names. Despite this knowledge, I've gone and inadvertently bought a modern razor! (At least it looks like a solid, beefy one.) Maybe it'll convert me from vintage, who knows? Cheers and thanks for the information.

Ain’t nothing wrong with that! If you decide you like it and want something completely different, grab a Pearl Flexi OC.

Ain’t nothing wrong with that! If you decide you like it and want something completely different, grab a Pearl Flexi OC.
Now that you mention it, APBinNCA, I am on the hunt for a Flexi. But it's this Flexi (basically a 1st Generation Apollo Mikron), not a modern Pearl. I'll take this opportunity to let everyone know I'm in the market! The Walbusch Flexi, below, is the razor that the Parker Variant that I just bought most reminded me of. Funny you should mention the name Flexi, albeit a different Flexi, APBinNCA.

kQfnxVX.jpeg

Top Bottom