What's new

Vintage Gillette First time PIF!

Recently I received a small PIF but the parts helped benefit me. Now my first of a couple small PIFs for the local community.
1A8D3706-D5FB-4A33-ACD2-063155CF5D53.png

08FC6130-9750-49C7-8533-C0D80A7D762A.png

The classic USA prewar tech!
The photos make it look better than it is, there is some darkness in the knurling that won’t come out easily, the chrome is a little dull and I suspect the original owner tapped the ends of the top cap to dry it as they’re flatted a tad (won’t affect shave). Still a respectable looker and a great introduction to vintage Gillettes. Not aggressive nor overly mild. For many the gateway razor into the vintage rabbit hole.

Rules:Keeping this CONUS shipping for now so the cost stays down, must be the member’s first vintage Gillette, prefer someone who’s active and comments on their new acquisitions. Winner will be announced on Friday but may take me a few days to ship. Just say if you’re in.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Respectfully NOT in.....great PIF!

You will get your hand slapped for not having your username on a piece of paper in the photos.

It's a fine razor you are offering even if it's a "User Grade".
And since nobody is getting in on this, I'm In.
And thank you for getting in on PIFing extra items.
It's a good feeling to give!

It’s to help push that there isn’t much to be afraid of with vintage razors and the stigma a lot of new shavers have about it not being new or replated (I only bought replates at first).

It only went for $12 shipped when I bought it. It was dirty as heck but my vibratory polisher cleaned it up a lot and it shows there’s plenty of fairly decent razors under the grime.

Time to announce a winner!
I'm in!

I've never tried a vintage razor. If I get it, I'll probably send it around the country to my shave bros and let them try it out too.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I like your enthusiam, don’t have to go that far to share but send me your address!

Not many applied so we do have some consultation prizes. First runner up

You have a choice between the two listed
B3A27FC8-0277-4F28-8609-6FDC9CBF0DD2.png

On the left, an X1 Superspeed. This is a bi-metal one so it weights about 10% less than a standard superspeed. The neck on the handle is oxidized a little and the chrome is flaking on the baseplate and slightly corroding on the neck. It shaves great and isn’t too aggressive. The silo doors and handle look great for a user grade though. An image of the tray issue.
9FBF979B-6D28-42AC-BCA1-7B61774B416A.png

On the right, a no date code post war tech. This may be one of the mildest razors that exist though. It does have 6 small nicks on the top cap that don’t affect the shave. Some discoloration of the chrome on the handle and baseplate as well that the vibrator polisher couldn’t get out. If you’re interested pick and let me know your address!

Top Bottom