What's new

Viktor & Rolf: Spicebomb

proxy.php

So I was at Nordstrom the other day picking up some Brooks Brothers shirts they had on sale and the rep when I was checking out would not shut up about the new V&R scent 'Spicebomb'. Kept telling me how amazing it was and that I just had to try it. So while I was at the register the wife went over and sprayed it and said, "Wow! I really like this!" That got me pretty excited because that gave me the green light to buy. I took one whiff and was like :001_huh: :confused1 :glare:. All I got was a super sweet bubble gum note. Reluctantly I took a sample card with me and smelled it though out the night and even the next morning. No more bubble gum, a nice scent if you just happened to get a whiff as you walked through, but still an almost overly sweet blah as a fragrance to wear.

Any one else smelt it and have any thoughts? Am I crazy or is this one kind of out there?

Last edited:
I just sampled this at Nordstroms also. Both reps that stopped to help me tried to steer me away from it surprisingly enough. I kinda liked it, but wasn't sure I'd like a whole bottle of it. It does come on kind of strong, but dried down pretty mellow. While spicy, maybe not too interesting to me.

This is the second review I have read about this smelling like bubblegum - I don't get that at all.

To me it smells like L'Occitane Eau des Baux on steroids. :001_tt1:

I really enjoyed my sample from Nordstroms and my girlfriend goes nuts for it so it goes without saying, a full size bottle is in my future.

When I saw it announced, I was very skeptical. I hadn't smelled Flowerbomb (though I was aware of it) and thought it would be another obnoxious pseudo-style-over-substance offering, much like how I view Diesel fragrances.

I smelled it about a month ago and actually thought it was pretty damned impressive. I didn't get a bubblegum note there, either. Not sure I'd buy a full bottle, but if the price were right I'm sure I might change my tune.

Top Bottom