What's new

Viking shave soaps critque

Gentlemen, I recently received four pucks of soap from Viking via Amazon, and the USPS:

Viking Soaps.JPG

1) Sandal Wood 2) Bay Rum 3) Cedar & Pine 4) Clary Sage

Each soap yields slick and creamy lather with minimal water.
The pucks are smaller than a Van der Hagen, or Williams puck. I melted each puck in the microwave and poured into a Container Store storage tin.
However, I can't fairly comment on the scents of these fine soaps. I can detect a pleasant odor to each, but my nose was broken several times with High School sports, and 'Daddy, will you 'rassle' me', when my toddler step-son butted me in the schnoz. These have made it difficult for me to smell many odors.
Overall they are good soaps but the YMMV caveat applies here.

Gentlemen, I recently received four pucks of soap from Viking via Amazon, and the USPS:

View attachment 1151915
1) Sandal Wood 2) Bay Rum 3) Cedar & Pine 4) Clary Sage

Each soap yields slick and creamy lather with minimal water.
The pucks are smaller than a Van der Hagen, or Williams puck. I melted each puck in the microwave and poured into a Container Store storage tin.
However, I can't fairly comment on the scents of these fine soaps. I can detect a pleasant odor to each, but my nose was broken several times with High School sports, and 'Daddy, will you 'rassle' me', when my toddler step-son butted me in the schnoz. These have made it difficult for me to smell many odors.
Overall they are good soaps but the YMMV caveat applies here.
From the way I understand it, you should definitely not microwave Tallow soaps because you will mess up the chemistry. Glycerin soaps are fair game, however.

(Sent from mobile)

’..my step-son butted me in the schnoz..’ is that like, ‘My dog ate my homework?’ :straight::straight:

Perhaps, ‘The check is in the mail.’ (Otherwise a fine review. Thanks!)

Top Bottom