What's new

Vifrex dopo barba

I received a sample of this from a friend of mine, along with a sample of good ol' Proraso green, which he told me was one of his favorite cream/AS combos. It's a clear gel, and it doesn't smell like much on first sniff, but when applied to a damp, freshly shaven face (and a little bit certainly goes a long way), it develops into an aroma which takes me to what I can only imagine to be a classic Italian barbershop. There's a bit of an alcohol sting initially, followed by a smooth, not overbearing menthol cooling sensation. It absorbs well, and lightly moisturizes without leaving my face feeling oily or tacky. I haven't seen much about it, but it seems like a winner to me. So, have you tried this stuff? Do you love it or hate it? Have you never heard of it?

Last edited:
I've heard good things about it, so will definitely buy it next time I place an order at www.barbieredifigaro.nl
You shan't be disappointed. I think it's also for sale at Shoebox Shave Shop, but I don't have the link ATM. My buddy got his last tube at Gio's Razor and Brush back when. I'm just surprised, seems like it isn't well known at all, but it's one of the nicer products I've used.

I think this product will complement every aftershave lotion we have! Will @Marco give his thoughts on this one? I find it 3,40 euros in my local

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think this product will complement every aftershave lotion we have! Will @Marco give his thoughts on this one? I find it 3,40 euros in my local

Vifrex is an aftershave gel with a strong menthol kick. I'd say very similar to 444, but between the two I prefer 444 because it seems more moisturizing.

Yeah I know the 444 but I read somewhere that it leaves a film on the face and it does not being absorbed fully from the skin.

Yeah I know the 444 but I read somewhere that it leaves a film on the face and it does not being absorbed fully from the skin.

That's right, 444 is just VASELINA + MENTOL, so if you apply Vicks Vaporub on your face it's EXACTLY the same as using 444 (something I find not at all recommendable!)

the only real use for the 444, is to apply over a cut (use it with boxers, so they do not bleed), out of that, it has no cosmetic utility .. and I cut the blood flow I have better resources (alum, stick pencil ...)

444 is a good product, especially during very hot summer days. Try it first and, if you like it, give Vifrex a test, too.
I am looking forward to using it. Do you put it on all by itself or mix it with a splash? I have heard both ways.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am looking forward to using it. Do you put it on all by itself or mix it with a splash? I have heard both ways.

Yes, both ways can be done and both ways are correct. Personally, I used to mix 444 with the Spanish Mentolado Suave. ;)

Yes, both ways can be done and both ways are correct. Personally, I used to mix 444 with the Spanish Mentolado Suave. ;)
Well I got a couple tubes of 444 delivered! The 444 balm from Italian Barber is interesting. A tiny pea size amount rubbed between the palms will coat your face with a great scent and nice menthol. Very moisturizing and surprisingly not greasy. It’s not Vaseline or anything like it but it sure looks like it. I followed it with Stephan’s Astringent for a beautiful finish. Thanks Marco!

ill be looking for Vifrex to try too!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well I got a couple tubes of 444 delivered! The 444 balm from Italian Barber is interesting. A tiny pea size amount rubbed between the palms will coat your face with a great scent and nice menthol. Very moisturizing and surprisingly not greasy. It’s not Vaseline or anything like it but it sure looks like it. I followed it with Stephan’s Astringent for a beautiful finish. Thanks Marco!

My pleasure, Sir. ;)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Sir, some years ago I posted a thread on 444. If you desire, please give a look here www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/444-the-super-refreshing-moisturizer.183834/

Top Bottom