What's new

Vie-Long Brush

Hi Guys

I have been using a Vulfix Pure Bristle Brush and have been looking to upgrade to a badger brush.

My local pharmacist has just got in stock a range of Vie-Long brushes including a best Badger brush for £18 (approx USD$35).

Are Vie-Long a good brush?

The only other brushes that seem to be available locally are Vulfix (Bristle) and Kent (Bristle) and I won't buy via the web (due to 4 bad past experiences).

Kind regards
NIGEL

Hi,

Vie Long can be a good brush :thumbup: . some people in german likes them, espescially to make lather in the face. it seems not that good, for making lather in the mug, although i don't know if it was the top of Vie Long badger.

on the other hand, Vie Long is using horse hairs, to make their brushes. since two days ago, i've never heart of horse hairs, for making brushes :sneaky2: .

Vie Long is made in Spain.

hope, this was a little helpfull,

Hermann

I've got mine a few weeks ago and used it some few times. It is still new and the knot is stiff and have to rest in water for a few minutes before use, but I'm sure, that it will be softer after 30+ shaves.
It produce a very rich lather.

proxy.php

My Vie long horse hair brush is a fine brush, one of my favourites. Not as luxurious as a silvertip of course, but similar to boar, I find it to be well made and an excellent brush. Vie Long have been making brushes for many years, I don't often hear complaints about them.

Thx fellows. And for Useless, so many neat items are from Spain. Of course the famous Fillies.
That Matador soap was actually pretty nice. My first try of Myrsol F blew me away (not sure how Google would translate that, sorry).
And a stick of LaToja to open sometime. Along with a nice Rioja. Sometime.

Thx fellows. And for Useless, so many neat items are from Spain. Of course the famous Fillies.
That Matador soap was actually pretty nice. My first try of Myrsol F blew me away (not sure how Google would translate that, sorry).
And a stick of LaToja to open sometime. Along with a nice Rioja. Sometime.

:thumbup:

Thanks and cheers!

Man, this is an ancient thread. My first brush was a Vie long silvertip, and it is decent, but not perfect. On the pro side, it is very soft, has not shed at all after the first couple shaves, and has a really comfortable handle. On the con side, my silvertip at least is super floppy. It is both lacking in density, and has too high of a loft.

My favorite brush is a Vie-Long Horse Hair 12705. I use it almost exclusively. Gifts & Care has the best prices I have seen and will set the know to any height you like.

Top Bottom