What's new

Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream with Foam

IMGP8531.JPG
IMGP8534.JPG
IMGP8538.JPG
IMGP8519.JPG
I bought this Vicco shaving cream for over one year ago at my local Indian store and I left it at the back burner for the longest of time. Since @Raven Koenes has urged me on to give this shaving cream a try well I've finally did.
I was pleasantly surprised with this cream. You don't need a lot just a dallop and creating cream is very easy. The cream just bloomed using little water without any effort with a soapy Asian sandalwood type of scent. I quite like the scent and in all honesty I was thinking a curry dish scent originally but it is NOT curry scented because it says turmeric on the tube and packaging. There is plenty of good cushion and slickness and long lasting lather. The 16% w/w turmeric provides a nice soothing cooling effect and is suppose to kills germs and is very healing. I'm sure there is plenty of local market to keep this Indian Vicco Laboratories Products company going nationally but if they omitted this Indian guy with the moustache and used a more western style packaging I think they could have a decent piece of the western market pie. This Vicco brand shaving cream seems like a sleeper and I am glad to have finally given it a go using it. Heck I might pop on over to my local Indian store to give the Vicco toothpaste a try whenever I get a chance?!View attachment 810322 View attachment 810323 View attachment 810324 View attachment 810325 View attachment 810322 View attachment 810323 View attachment 810324 View attachment 810325

Last edited:
Very good stuff! I have that and the sandlewood scented version. I like the regular scent much more than the sandlewood scented version.

Very refreshing. I don't even mind the creepy Indian on the tube much.

@Radium : Nice review with pics. I bought this today and it seems recently the packaging is changed to a dark blue colored one. The properties which you mentioned are there and the scent is amazing and long lasting. I just tested it by lathering on my hand by an Omega boar brush. To take the amazement to another level, I am still feeling my palm moisturized. The price is on a higher side as compared to the regular shaving creams like Godrej, Vi-John etc. However I dont mind the high price because it has a unique sandalwood scent and such moisturizing effects. The only other shaving cream/gel which I saw such moisturizing effect was the Patanjali shaving gel.

It has original sandalwood oil not fragrance. Anyone used to artificial fragrance of sandalwood would perhaps find the original fragrance odd, especially when mixed with turmeric extract which is not exactly a fragrance and not mild in its smell.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom