What's new

Via Barberia from Omega Brush Brand - Hitted again!

I'm reviving an old thread here Rudy because the Via Barberia line from Omega deserves it. I purchased Omega Via Barberia Herbea last week. I used it for the first time on Monday. I agree with your review here 100%. I'm loving this soap and its performance hits well above its price point. So far it seems to be one of the best kept secrets out there! This stuff is Slippery as snot. I'd even go as far as saying it it's as slippery as dog snot lol. I love on my Herbae how the scent is ever present but not over stated. It has replaced Haslinger in my rotation, and imo a better value for the money.
View attachment 880757

Find out how crazy you are and click here> View attachment 880759
Great revival Rave! Sounds like another Italian Classic in the making.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Not yet my friend, so many soaps, so little time. Plus when you have boxes of SV and Nuavia going unloved, it seems insane to get any more. In fact before you buy anything new PM me first.
I will PM you first! I always am thinking of a master plan. :laugh:

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I saw the Omega Barberia soaps on the Gifts&Care website last summer and almost added a soap to my order, but I passed. Sounds like I should have tried it. Replaced Haslinger @Raven Koenes? That is interesting.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I saw the Omega Barberia soaps on the Gifts&Care website last summer and almost added a soap to y order but I passed. Sounds like I should have tried it. Replaced Haslinger @Raven Koenes? That is interesting.
You do realize that I am a full founding member of "Brotherhood Of Shaving Crazies"? :letterk1:

The lather may not be as thick as Haslinger, but in the slickness, glide, and protection, area it is superb. I find it almost lathers itself, and at $12 for a 150g hard soap it should last longer than the smaller Haslinger soap pucks. Don't get me wrong Haslinger is top notch, and I'm BOSC R US.png and YMMV. I also prefer the scent of Via Barberia. It is pleasant, present, but not overstated.

Press me upload_2018-5-1_15-43-59.png if you dare. :letterk1: :laugh:

Last edited:
You do realize that I am a full founding member of "Brotherhood Of Shaving Crazies"? :letterk1:

The lather may not be as thick as Haslinger, but in the slickness, glide, and protection, area it is superb. I find it almost lathers itself, and at $12 for a 150g hard soap it should last longer than the smaller Haslinger soap pucks. Don't get me wrong Haslinger is top notch, and I'm View attachment 881074 and YMMV. I also prefer the scent of Via Barberia. It is pleasant, present, but not overstated.

Press me View attachment 881075 if you dare. :letterk1: :laugh:
Prayin for ya Bro.

First time with Omega Via Barberia Herbae. Lathers well, and nice clean after-shave feel to the face. Scent is very floral, though not strong, slightly sweeter than I expected but in view of the excellent performance I'm OK with this. I gather that the other two in the range - Fructi and Aquae - have more popular scents. Not expensive off eBay so a recommendation at the price - maybe an overstock.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
First time with Omega Via Barberia Herbae. Lathers well, and nice clean after-shave feel to the face. Scent is very floral, though not strong, slightly sweeter than I expected but in view of the excellent performance I'm OK with this. I gather that the other two in the range - Fructi and Aquae - have more popular scents. Not expensive off eBay so a recommendation at the price - maybe an overstock.

Omega Herbae.Barberia.ShaveSoap.481..jpg

I used it just yesterday. Link. Good soap. I'd pick the same scent again.

I have the Fructi soap. It is a hard triple milled soap that comes with beautiful presentation, inside the box the soap comes in a plastic clear container similar to SV. Price is reasonable and could be compaired to RR WTP triple milled and Musgo Real as far as value goes.

Scent is on the strong side and is a complex fruity citrus forward accord that smells great.

With all this said, the performance i found lacking a bit. End up with irritation each time i use it despite experimentation. The lather is abundant and looks like it would provide a swell shave, but something seems to be lacking a bit IMO. Perhaps its because i have become spoiled with so many top notch artisans that my taste has changed. Will experimemt with this soap again and hopefully my opinion will change a bit, since every other aspect is met or exceeded i really do want to like this soap, will try using a bit less eater and see if that changes things a bit.

I used "Herbae" shaving cream-soap from VIA BARBERIA. I like the performance qualities and the scent was very nice.
Very good and decent soap. Recommended.

Yes - I'm a fan of Herbae. Liked the scent immediately and good performer too. Solid recommendation.

I just acquired Fructi and I'm not so sure of this one, needs more shaves

Yes - I'm a fan of Herbae. Liked the scent immediately and good performer too. Solid recommendation.

I just acquired Fructi and I'm not so sure of this one, needs more shaves
I didn't go for Fructi presuming that it would have a sweet aroma/scent and I don't like sweet scents.
What is it to you? What it smells like ?

I didn't go for Fructi presuming that it would have a sweet aroma/scent and I don't like sweet scents.
What is it to you? What it smells like ?

It's sweet-ish but not too much. The fruit is quite faint and not complex - no notes stand out, it's a smooth blend. It's a pleasant shave with good performance and post-shave feel. It's kind of growing on me. It's likeable but not exceptional.

Top Bottom