What's new

Various restorations

R

romsitsa

Made a blade sheath, still need some tweaking. Not perfect, but good enough as a proof of concept.
asaaasasass.jpg

yxyxyyy.jpg

dsdsddd.jpg

Looks great! I would like the knowledge on how to restore some of my vintage gillette cases but I'm always afraid of damaging them.
I would to. Ive taken im interest in vintge shaving and amassed quite a few things already. I just need a finishing stone since i dont think the 8000 grit synthetic stones i got will be enough. Whats your process look like if you dont mind me asking?

This thread has inspired me to try a restoration of an Ever-ready case I just received that is a bit beat up. The case is wood covered by a black material that has worn almost completely off the outer lid. I was wondering what to use to recover the case and one post suggested book binding material which was a revelation to me. Now I’ll have to decide if the original was actual leather or faux paper “leather” (I’m checking book binding suppliers for possible materials). I’ll also need to rebuild some of the wood joinery, as well as remove and preserve the lid lining with the “Ever Ready” logo.

I’ll do a photo journal of the process in case the project turns out well. If not, maybe not. Any advice or suggestions before I start this project will be appreciated.

So, after doing some research searching the web for appropriate faux leather book cloth, I found a product called “Skivertex.” It is a simulated leather coated paper. And it’s the only stuff that I could find that seems equivalent to what the OP used for some of the restoration work. I purchased a couple of sheets to try out.

So, after doing some research searching the web for appropriate faux leather book cloth, I found a product called “Skivertex.” It is a simulated leather coated paper.
Do you know if it's possibly to get this Skivertex material custom printed in smallish quantities?

Do you know if i can I buy it in a plain white and get my own pattern printed on it

Top Bottom