What's new

Vaping, second attempt

Instead of taking over Christopher's thread entirely, I figured I'd make my own...
Thanks a lot ya bunch of enablers, you know who I am talking about.

So I used to have a Halo setup, didn't like it very much. Now I have an Aspire Atlantis, with an Aspire CF Mod. This stuff is great.

Sorry this thread is a bit all over the place :lol:

I think my charger is a bit rubbish, recommend me a good one so I don't have to sit for hours waiting for my battery to charge?
Also need more batteries. Which ones, I am thinking of just purchasing more of the one I have in case they blow up, so I can yell at the shop

Last edited:
I think my charger is a bit rubbish, recommend me a good one so I don't have to sit for hours waiting for my battery to charge?
Also need more batteries. Which ones, I am thinking of just purchasing more of the one I have in case they blow up, so I can yell at the shop :lol:

Be wary of any Sony VTC... especially the VTC5. The latest rumors are that they're essentially all fakes at this point. Some say that Sony has wound down their battery production, others say that they aren't even making the VTC5 or VTC4 anymore.

The new batteries that are becoming popular are Samsung 25Rs and LG HE2s. Both are 20A and 2500mah.

Be wary of any Sony VTC... especially the VTC5. The latest rumors are that they're essentially all fakes at this point. Some say that Sony has wound down their battery production, others say that they aren't even making the VTC5 or VTC4 anymore.

The new batteries that are becoming popular are Samsung 25Rs and LG HE2s. Both are 20A and 2500mah.

So I have heard... this shop seems to be getting quite a telling off for it :lol:
What is a good charger?

Last edited:
So I have heard... this shop seems to be getting quite a telling off for it :lol:
Anyways this is the battery I currently have http://www.ukecigstore.com/accessories/batteries/mod-batteries/18650/lg-imr-2500mah-35a-battery.html
What is a good charger?

I have a Nitecore i4. It's cheapish and seems to work better than the other cheap Chinese chargers. There's still a chance you'll get a dud, but you have a higher chance of success versus anyone else in the price range.

Figured I would post my setup in here as well (sorry for sideways picture)

$2014-12-11 20.57.27.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Nitecore i4. It's cheapish and seems to work better than the other cheap Chinese chargers. There's still a chance you'll get a dud, but you have a higher chance of success versus anyone else in the price range.
Will check that out. How long should it take to charge a 2500mah battery about?
You think those LG battery's are alright or should I look at the Samsung ones?

I haven't heard anything negative about them except for the fact that it's expensive.
Essentially Suicide Bunny juice has ridiculous amounts of diketones, above the safe level. Someone sent Mothers Milk, and one other juice to a lab and had it tested for Diacetyl, and acetyl propionyl. It failed miserably from what I am understanding. It seems any juice with like a cream flavour have this stuff in them so people are avoiding them at the minute until this gets sorted...
At least that is my vague, sleep deprived, skim reading, understanding of it so far. Shame I was going to buy some of the Mothers Milk but the data doesn't really tempt me anymore.

Essentially Suicide Bunny juice has ridiculous amounts of diketones, above the safe level. Someone sent Mothers Milk, and one other juice to a lab and had it tested for Diacetyl, and acetyl propionyl. It failed miserably from what I am understanding. It seems any juice with like a cream flavour have this stuff in them so people are avoiding them at the minute until this gets sorted...
At least that is my vague, sleep deprived, skim reading, understanding of it so far. Shame I was going to buy some of the Mothers Milk but the data doesn't really tempt me anymore.

If you vape anything with custard flavoring in it, chances are it'll have diacetyl. That's part of the reason why I won't inhale e-cig vapor, and why the FDA has some legitimate issues with vaping.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't need​ to inhale, you shouldn't inhale.

If you vape anything with custard flavoring in it, chances are it'll have diacetyl. That's part of the reason why I won't inhale e-cig vapor, and why the FDA has some legitimate issues with vaping.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't need​ to inhale, you shouldn't inhale.

This is stuff I didn't know :lol: Shame I didn't find some of those flavours half bad. I inhale.
I am getting two years out of this anyways and then new EU legislation will come in banning tanks, flavoured e-liquids, etc... :lol:

I've got a pair of LG HE2s in my mod right now. I like them. I'll second the Nitecore charges as well. I use an i4 and like it. Charging 1 or 2 2500mah batteries takes 2-3 hours I think. Charging 3 or 4 takes about 4-5 hours. I like the Efest purple batteries as well. I've had good luck with both the 2500mah and the 3100mah. I can get about 3 days off of a pair of 3100mah in my box mod.

So something is up with my setup, went to my local shop, that I discovered a day after going to that crap shop...
It seems the battery in my setup is kinda rubbish, so now I needed a new battery. The amount of vapour halved because of the battery apparently.

Nice set up! Testing out the tank now for my local shop, we just got these units in our area (So. Cal) this week. Picking up the matching Mod next week.
The Aspire Sub Ohm? I was looking at that, but I prefer a replaceable battery seeing as they take ages to charge.

The vapour seems to have gone down by half in my Atlantis... I have changed everything. Coil, new fresh battery, checked connections, changed liquids.
I am at a loss, any ideas? I also had the battery tested, the tank tested, everything. I am completely confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom