What's new

Van Der Hagen - Scented Luxury Soap

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Airboune:
My first soap was Williams and I was a Deluxe man for a while until I tried the Luxury Scented and
proxy.php
...what a difference!!
:w00t:

The Luxury Scented out-shinned the Deluxe (which was then my 'go-to' soap), in terms of ingredients, lather, lubrication, cushion, glide and scent. I also add 10 drops of glycerin per puck (and about 10 drops of Clubman Club Royale), before I melt it (nuke), for 'Überlather', extra lubrication, cushion, glide and scent . :thumbsup:

Read More: VDH Deluxe reviews

Read More:
Post your-VDH experiments here

Read More:
The Van Der Hagen Society

Pinuad Logo.jpg
"It's time to start shaving like a Van der Hagen man". VDH Slogan

attachment.php

Last edited:
Great lather and great protection. I love it.

My wife hates it.

I recently gave it a spin and was floored by how good it is, especially considering its modest price. I told my wife and she wondered why I spend so much on soaps if I can get a good product for under $5 at CVS. She was also annoyed I used such an inexpensive product when I've dished out a lot of cash on more expensive ones.

Sometimes, you just can't win. :)

I tried VDH soap in my shaving travel kit recently and was very impressed with it. It build a nice, rich lather and is pretty slick. All in all, its a great soap for the money, if not a great soap, period.

What do you put the puck in for travel? Right now I have a tube of TOBS Sandalwood for travel, but for the price point this may be the way to go.

VdH soaps are a very very good product.
Their lather is comparable to soaps costing a lot more.
I happened to use the basic glycerin VdH today before seeing this thread.
Was surprised with the excellent results!!
When I run out I plan on buying more to use in my soap rotation.

I bought a puck to put in a mug for my 4 year old to use while WE shave on weekends since it was cheap for him to play with. I whipped up a lather in his bowl and was surprised at how well and quickly it worked up. Of course he wouldn't let me try it...maybe today!

I just bought one -VDH- at my local Rite-Aid store ... it was in the clearance bin for $1.24 ! There was another one left, I reckon I'll go back and get it.

I am currently using a puck of VDH Luxury, and I like it. I have definitely gotten my $2 worth. (I found it in a Wal-Mart clearance section)

First time I seen this thread.

I started January of last year and the Luxury kit was what I ordered along with an extra 3 pack off of Amazon. The scent isn't the greatest but the soap is pretty much my go to when I am having other problems and want to eliminate the soap factor. I started picking up other soaps and even bought the touted MdC and I think the Luxury outperforms it in my book, JMO. I then found the VDH experiment thread and melted it down and added Old Spice Cologne(1980's good stuff) and I liked it even more after that. I have actually used that up and have another one mixed up with a little English Leather(again the '80's stuff) but could have have used more. It is still in my rotation of about 9 other soaps so it still gets used. This soap lathers so easy and to me is a good thing for the beginners. After I acquired a bunch of soaps i decided when I would use this stuff I decided since it was cheap to load it you stole it and I found it is even better when loaded heavy. I now treat most of my soaps with this practice and have enjoyed them all even more.

Top Bottom