What's new

Van Der Hagen - Scented Luxury Soap

Does anyone have any experience with this soap? I see these commonly in Walmart these days along with starter kits. At $3.88 is it more of a good soap in a pinch or we looking at a decent soap?

proxy.php

Last edited:
It's good, but I like the Deluxe (pink-ish color) better. The white seems a little more drying to my face whereas the pink seems to leave things more moisturized. Either one makes a decent lather.

I tried VDH soap in my shaving travel kit recently and was very impressed with it. It build a nice, rich lather and is pretty slick. All in all, its a great soap for the money, if not a great soap, period.

It's good, but I like the Deluxe (pink-ish color) better. The white seems a little more drying to my face whereas the pink seems to leave things more moisturized. Either one makes a decent lather.
My thoughts exactly.

I haven't seen the deluxe out in the wild yet, will have to keep an eye out for it.
I get it at my local Walgreens. I think it's 2 for $5 IIRC.

For the money, you can't go wrong. In that price range I'd consider it a really good soap. I use it in my rotation regularly.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The scented luxury is my favorite VDH. It has a nice subtle clean scent and is an excellent performer. I started with VDH like a lot of us and moved on into SAD. I've often thought that if VDH was all that was available for me I would be totally happy.

I've used both VDH Delux and Luxury. IMHO, the Luxury is better than the Delux. I found it give a sclicker lather. I like it even better by melting a puck in the microwave and them mixing in a about two inches of C.P. Bigelow, or Porasso, shave cream. This makes an excellent combination and gives me a very nice shave.

I use the VDH Luxury regularly. Nice scent, works well. As a very big plus, you can buy locally, so you can avoid the shipping that normally costs as much as the product.

I have some and never reach for it at all. Not much scent and nothing about it makes me wanna use it. To many other nice creams and soap on my shelf.

I got some with a kit. Used once, had a rough shave. Not sure if it was my newb shaving technique or the soap. Went back to the palmolive, which happens to be the only other soap ive got. I'll come back to VDH once that's done, give it a fair trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom