What's new

Using small samples?

How exactly does one use small samples of soap? I suppose you could press it into a thin layer on the bottom of your mug, but only if it is soft enough. So is the only other option face lathering? I'm talking about hard soaps specifically. Sorry for the noob question, but I haven't been able to figure this out

If it's a translucent soap like Mama Bear, you can melt it in the microwave and it will make a thin layer on the bottom of your mug. If it's a hard triple-milled soap, and you can press it, use it like a soap stick and rub it on your beard.

I've put small 1" diameter (or square) sample pucks into 1/2 cup (4 oz.) disposable Ziplock/Gladware containers without modification. Works well.

I just throw them in a bowl, soak them with a a little quantity of warm water, then I drain the water and start working the lather with the brush. Never fails.
Sometimes the little piece of soap starts "dancing" and swirling in the bottom of the bowl, but that is no issue for me. :tongue_sm

Thanks guys! I'll try out these tips. I can always count on you for answers to my most pressing questions :thumbup1:

Top Bottom