What's new

Using a syringe to add water to soap

Does anybody else use a syringe or similar measuring device to add exact amounts of water to their soap? Lately I've been adding exactly 7 ml of water to my Mike's natural coconut soap as I whip it up in a lathering bowl and I've been getting the pasty, slick consistency that I prefer. If I add too much water, it becomes too foamy and I don't like it.

Whatever works for you, do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a nurse, I completely could not figure out why anyone would inject water into a puck of soap!

Unless it was rude to you.

Just kidding. I always followed the docs orders.

I am sure you did, but I suspect you were more gentle with patients who treated you with respect and kindness.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am sure you did, but I suspect you were more gentle with patients who treated you with respect and kindness.
You know, my posts on here will do nothing to help me prove the point that I was a good nurse, lol, but I can honestly say that it was like God flipped a switch when I donned my scrubs every day. And I KNOW that He did with a bunch of the nastiest people I worked with! ha.

I could have just had a dressing down from the War Department, or the dog died, or you name it, but I was able to treat even the meanest patients like they were the highlight of my day. I came home spent, exhausted emotionally every day. Probably a big reason my heart got so bad so quickly after valve replacement.

I worked 2nd shift the night my Dad died at 9am that morning. It's what he would have wanted. There were living folks there that needed me.

So despite all of my smart azz posts, I'm a really nice guy once you get to know me.

Ok, I'm just kinda nice. Not REALLY nice.

Sometimes I use an empty spray bottle from my eyeglass cleaner, sprays water evenly in the bowl.
Other times drip water from my hand.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Wayyyyy overthinking this. Where is your precise measurement of soap, facial dampness etc. Are you chemically analyzing each pick to ensure 100% consistency?

Look at this guy, I learned from him. He's using a syringe. The other day I accidentally put too much water in my brush and the lather was a foamy, runny, watery mess. I was pissed.

Look at this guy, I learned from him. He's using a syringe. The other day I accidentally put too much water in my brush and the lather was a foamy, runny, watery mess. I was pissed.

If your lather is too wet, all you need to do is go back and load some more soap.

Yeah! You should definitely ask for your money back!

I'm sorry. I forgot to make the companion video about how to go back to the tub for a few more Swirls of soap.

:)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Wow, I've been watching your videos for almost a whole year. I find them kind of relaxing for some reason. Also, very informative for a noob wetshaver like me.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I admit when I read the title of this post my first thought was that you were trying to hydrate the soap from the inside.
It is certainly a way to be consistent but for me that would tilt this activity toward the science end of the scale taking away from the “art” side a little.

I haven't used a syringe or other type of measuring device. I make my lathers more by feel. Each brush / soap combination requires a different amount, so I go more by feel.

I think some people think that a syringe = a needle. The syringe is actually the clear plastic tube with a plunger and numbers on the side attached to the needle. I don't use a needle when i add water to the soap lather. I'm also afraid of needles.

I face lather and try to start with my brush just not having enough water. Then, like some others have said, I just run a little water on the brush until I reach the desired consistency for the lather - not being afraid to load more soap. My goal is to saturate the brush with moist, rich lather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom