What's new

USCCA

As a CCL holder, the fight for your life, doesn't stop after you have stopped the threat. For the one threating, it has ended, for you? It has only just begun. Yes, it is worth it, if only for that one, single, solitary encounter.

I agree completely. Been a member for 3 years now. A million dollars in coverage for a not too exorbitant yearly fee is more than worth it. You get a monthly magazine (it's okay), discounts on firearms related stuff, and access to members only advice and training videos and podcasts. I think their editorial staff know what they're talking about. Initially, I was bombarded by almost daily posts urging me to look at this or that while being exposed to a sales pitch, but that's really slacked off, and I'm grateful for that.

What's that one common gun owner saying? "Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".... well, that's kinda true, but I don't think you'd want to be judged by 12 without some BIG help in your corner. A long, drawn out court case can clean you out financially and profoundly change your life, no matter how "right" you thought you were when you pulled that trigger.

Get some coverage.

Don

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What's that one common gun owner saying? "Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6".... well, that's kinda true, but I don't think you'd want to be judged by 12 without some BIG help in your corner. A long, drawn out court case can clean you out financially and profoundly change your life, no matter how "right" you thought you were when you pulled that trigger.

That is soooo true. A few years ago a mechanic at the auto repair shop I use was telling me about the time a couple of guys came up to him in the parking lot of the shop, not happy with the work, and beat the living dog crap outa him.

He pulled an LCP from his pocket, not firing a shot, and one ran and he held the other until the P.D. got there. The guy he held said that the mechanic pulled the gun first as he was just walking down the street. The responding officer just took a report due to the conflicting statements and sent it to the D.A.s office.

Even after calls to the D.A.s office from the P.D. and S.O. that was like "What the Hell are you doing?" they took it to Grand Jury. As the old saying goes...a D.A. can get an indictment on a ham sandwich at Grand Jury.

The guy just happened to hear about the Grand Jury, then showed up with pictures of his injuries. Like usual, Grand Jury does not have to notify the defendant.

Once the Grand Jury saw the pictures and heard what happened they no billed him.

He said that after the Grand Jury session was over an older guy on the jury asked him "What kind of pistol were you carrying, son?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once the people around here know the facts they are pretty fair.

If it had went through Grand Jury with a true bill it would have resulted in an arrest and regular jury trial.

I don't have insurance, but like my Jewish Grandmother used to say about chicken soup when you were sick..."It couldn't hoiurt."

That [Law Shield] appears to be a bit cheaper.
Yes, it was somewhat less than USCCA- even with the Law Shield plan add ons. I looked over the major plans out there and ended up w/USCCA, but Law Shield was a very close second. I think the difference for me was the bail amount and civil damage coverage. I have found the legal seminars USCCA provides somewhat useful, but could easily live without the magazine.

Any coverage you can afford is better than none. Living in Nevada and having a second home in Arizona, past self-defense cases have been handled pretty reasonably by law enforcement and the DAs. If I lived in some of our much more liberal jurisdictions, I would be far more concerned. For example, an assisted opening knife, like my Kershaw Speedsafe Dividend is legally considered a switchblade in NY, so it's not even a legal weapon- [insert head scratch here]. Given recent events, I wouldn't leave the house armed without insurance anymore.

What's the old joke - I wouldn't want to be at the mercy of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. Peace of mind is worth something, and usually more than the premium it costs to have it.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
The big ones in the field are USCCA, US Law Shield, and CCW Safe.

Each one has their proponents ... and their detractors.

Pick one, and pay the money.

But most important of all, if you carry, pick one, and pay the money. Only a fool would carry without protection of this type.

Criminal defense fees are very expensive, and even if a 100% justified shooting, the attacker's family will often sue you.

The big ones in the field are USCCA, US Law Shield, and CCW Safe.

But most important of all, if you carry, pick one, and pay the money. Only a fool would carry without protection of this type.

Agreed, but I might even take it a step further because I know that it is true (at least for US Law Shield), that they will cover use of ANY weapon - not just a firearm. When you see and hear of people having to run rioters over with their car to escape the threat, the car is being used as a weapon - and you will be covered.

Top Bottom