What's new

Unscented A/S

Hi, I'm after an unscented A/S (splash, not balm), that won't interfere with any fragrances I decide to wear for the day. I love Tabac A/S, but I cannot wear it without it clashing with whatever fragrance I'm using.
I've heard Speick may have a fleeting scent that will not interfere.
Looking forward to your replies.
Cheers.

Hi there,
You might look at the 'Lucky Tiger A/S and Face Tonic', most commonly available at Nordstroms. It has a very faint orangy/ citrus fragrance that's gone in 10 seconds. No alcohol burn, and I actually prefer using it with an atomizer for convenience. Very nice, especially for the warmer months. I found the LT liquid shaving cream to be a nice product as well (similar fragrance).
Hope that helps,
Martin

+1 on the Lucky Tiger. It works very well. Its soothing and has zero burn. In the summer I leave it in the fridge and it feels great going on cold. It does have a light orange scent, but like most splashes it fades out fast. It is sold at Nordstroms and I've also seen it at Caswell Massey stores. A little off topic, but the entire LT line (the new brown bottle/gold cap) is good stuff. I got the shave cream, tonic, moisturizer and face wash in the retro tin for like $70.

See if "one of the locals" offers an unscented aftershave. I'm pretty sure you'll find something from Mama Bear, Saint Charles Shave or QED.

TGR's unscented ASB is very kind to the skin and it doesn't interfere with other scents. It might be a tad heavy if you live in a very warm climate, tho.

+1 on Thayers witch hazel. They're available in alocohol (10%) and alcohol-free versions. I have very sensitive skin and had a bad reaction to high-alcohol aftershaves, but my skin absolutely loves Thayers.

I really like the lemon scented Thayers. Available at Whole Foods for around $9 for a very large bottle. The good thing is that the lemon scent masks much of the witch hazel-y scent and makes for a very refreshing splash, but it fades so quickly that it doesn't interfere with colognes.

Dave

Good thinking scoop. I hadn't thought of that, but that is an excellent option.
Now that I'm thinking about it the "locals" I mentioned carry unscented balms but I'm not so sure about splashes. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Now that I'm thinking about it the "locals" I mentioned carry unscented balms but I'm not so sure about splashes. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.

Yeah, I wonder if the ingredients in a splash prevent it from being unscented.

As far as balms go (I know you didn't ask) I'll throw Proraso out there. Extremely light scent that fades almost immediately.

i have played around with making my own aftershaves and they turn out pretty well. witchhazel and aloe vera works great. here is an interesting one that popped up in a search:

vodka, witchhazel and water is pretty common too.

jason has a nice unscented 6 in 1 that works well.

i dont use as splashes very often for the same reason- i like my edts too much. :biggrin:

i stick stick with balms with a scent that fades quickly. pre de provence and trumpers skin food fits the bill for me.

cheers,
ryan

i have played around with making my own aftershaves and they turn out pretty well. witchhazel and aloe vera works great. here is an interesting one that popped up in a search:

vodka, witchhazel and water is pretty common too.

jason has a nice unscented 6 in 1 that works well.

i dont use as splashes very often for the same reason- i like my edts too much. :biggrin:

i stick stick with balms with a scent that fades quickly. pre de provence and trumpers skin food fits the bill for me.

cheers,
ryan

Now I'm curious to mix a bit of my Tanqueray Rangpur with witch hazel and aloe vera gel...

Top Bottom