What's new

Unexpected happiness on a late summer afternoon ....

A gorgeous late summer afternoon up here in Altamont New York, and perfect weather for our
annual "Early Autumn Apple Festival and Crafts Fair." One of our local pottery artisans, from
whom I have bought shaving bowls in years past, had a new one for me today. Hand fired
ceramic, about four and a half inches wide and an inch and a half deep (a perfect fit
for my left hand with my brush in my right hand) with just the right amount of rough cut
concentric circles. Ten dollars for this wonderful lather bowl. Yes indeed gents, ... life is good.

IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4345.jpg
IMG_4346.jpg
IMG_4348.jpg

Congratulations on the bowl, from just a few miles east of you (Clifton Park). Looks like a great addition.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the bowl, from just a few miles east of you (Clifton Park). Looks like a great addition.

We used to live in Clifton Park ..... Knox Woods, off of Rte. 9 and Grooms Road !
We've been in Altamont since Autumn 1997. We're still practically neighbors.

We used to live in Clifton Park ..... Knox Woods, off of Rte. 9 and Grooms Road !

We've been in Altamont since Autumn 1997.
Altamont is a great area. To be honest, although I like Clifton Park, I would love to have a lot more acreage. We are looking at moving south in four years and eleven months, and really want 20 or more acres.

Altamont is a great area. To be honest, although I like Clifton Park, I would love to have a lot more acreage. We are looking at moving south in four years and eleven months, and really want 20 or more acres.

Come on down ! Altamont is pretty perfect. Great school district (Guilderland),
incredible community spirit and involvement, the Helderberg escarpment is gorgeous,
and we're an easy 15 minutes from the bottom of the Northway and Crossgates.
(from where you can drive anywhere in the Capital area.)

Last edited:
Really nice bowl. Nothing beats a handcrafted ceramic bowl for your bowl lather; just adds such a personal touch to the ritual.

Really nice bowl. Nothing beats a handcrafted ceramic bowl for your bowl lather; just adds such a personal touch to the ritual.

Thank you benos. Yes, .... a personal touch is extra special in our wonderful shaving hobby.

Come on down ! Altamont is pretty perfect. Great school district (Guilderland),
incredible community spirit and involvement, the Helderberg escarpment is gorgeous,
and we're an easy 15 minutes from the
bottom of the Northway. (from where you can drive anywhere in the Capital area.)
And there is some great hunting around there. I love grouse hunting near Altamont.

Colonie NY here... I'd be so interested in finding out about this vendor if I trusted myself with anything that isn't Plastic. Lol. I am relegated to unbreakable bowls. [emoji16]

Awesome looking bowl, amazing price.

A gorgeous late summer afternoon up here in Altamont New York, and perfect weather for our
annual "Early Autumn Apple Festival and Crafts Fair." One of our local pottery artisans, from
whom I have bought shaving bowls in years past, had a new one for me today. Hand fired
ceramic, about four and a half inches wide and an inch and a half deep (a perfect fit
for my left hand with my brush in my right hand) with just the right amount of rough cut
concentric circles. Ten dollars for this wonderful lather bowl. Yes indeed gents, ... life is good.

View attachment 1017387 View attachment 1017388 View attachment 1017389 View attachment 1017390

LOVELY!! I especially appreciate the color. Life is good!! :a29:

LOVELY!! I especially appreciate the color. Life is good!! :a29:

Thanks Big J .... always love your comments. And yes indeed -- with all the craziness in our world,
if we can find some small happiness within our shaving community, life is good !

Best regards my dear friend !

Last edited:
Top Bottom