What's new

UK Members, Shop Discovery

I have just made a purchase from Diamond Edge who have a limited but cheap shaving range, a company I found with Google. I bought two tubs of Vulfix Shaving Creams; Sandalwood and Lavender and a lotion spray from them. The creams I got for £6.50 each which is around half the usual price that I've seen so far. The lotion spray looks like it's straight out of an old fashioned barber shop with it's big rubber atomiser pump for £5.60. They also have a range of straight razors, brushes and strops.

My parcel arrived 2 days after I placed the order, it is excellently packed and they have enclosed a catalogue.

It looks like they're pitched at barbers and hairdressers but will sell to the public.

My favourite part of this shopping experience is the handwritten invoice, a very personal old fashioned touch.

Thanks John....Book marked for future reference. Wish I had known about them a few weeks ago. Bought some straight stuff from Classic shaving ......was hammered for VAT and now HM Customs and excise are watching my every shaving purchase.:crying:

Brian

madmedic said:
Thanks John....Book marked for future reference. Wish I had known about them a few weeks ago. Bought some straight stuff from Classic shaving ......was hammered for VAT and now HM Customs and excise are watching my every shaving purchase.:crying:

Brian

NP Brian. Did you notice the 500ml bottle of Bay Rum for £4.59? I dread to think what it's like, needless to say I'll be ordering a bottle.

Just out of interest, how hammered were you by HM Customs and Excise? I have an order from Classic Shaving totalling $120 and woould like an idea of how much thry're going to sting me for.

Mine was £78....and I was hit for approx £20.....the Post office have a handling fee which is added on to the VAT.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings

Brian

Diamond Edge would do a lot more business but they do not sell to the USA. So you guys in the UK, enjoy....
I know I tried everything I could to get them to ship me some TImor razors and a strop a while back, but they will not. Apparently something to do with their insurance? I don't know. They won't sell to us Yanks though.
That said, their prices are great.
John P.

Guys,

To not get hit on VAT the goods have to have a value of less than £20 not including postage & packaging. Sometimes it is worth asking a seller if they would declare a value of less tha £20 on the customs slip.

Regards
John

According to the sticker on my boxes....commercial goods are taxed when they reach a value greater than £18. If the packet is marked as a gift....this increases to £36.

Regards
Brian

Top Bottom