What's new

Uh oh, this could be bad $

Very new to Wet shaving, have done exactly 3 D/E shaves after wet shaving with a disposable for a couple of weeks. So far its been a great experience.
Well, guys like to buy things and this is what I have after less than a week. Last Friday I had nothing.

proxy.php

proxy.php

First was a Pocket edition from 1915 that came from mt Great Uncle
proxy.php

proxy.php

Then my first razor purchase showed up in the mail.
Weishi 2004
proxy.php

proxy.php

Yesterday I got my first serious everyday razor
Edwin Jagger DE89L
proxy.php

And today I picked up this 1965 Lady Gillette from a garage sale for nothing.
proxy.php

proxy.php

So I have been busy but frugal, all in I have spent $37 on the above.
But I do have a wishlist.......

That Lady Gillette is cool looking! It makes me wonder if I can get my wife to follow me down this DE path I've stumbled onto. Great finds!

Those are some clean razors. Very nice. Did you do any cleaning yourself, or did they come that way? I've got some old razors from an antique store, but they are not as clean as those.

Wow, people post fast here. Thanks for the kind words.

The Old type came to me in that condition, the Lady Gillette was sort of shabby looking but cleaned up after just a few minutes. It was in very good shape.

Yep, you said it. This could be bad. I am up to around $300 in just a few weeks. Anyone know of a good shave addict help group out there? Enjoy the ride!

That lady is one of the better examples I've seen. My wife's doesn't look anywhere near that good. Congrats on some nice acquisitions!

That Lady Gillette is cool looking! It makes me wonder if I can get my wife to follow me down this DE path I've stumbled onto. Great finds!

Given how much I like the mild Feather Popular, I wonder if the Lady would be a razor for me. It has more style than the G2000, in my opinion.

Thanks again for all the comments.
The Old Type and the Lady Gillette are fantastic! Do you have somebody to share the Lady Gillette with?:innocent:

I do but if she likes it, I will be getting her one of her own. In fact I may have to find 2 as my daughter said she wants to try it. Good grief!

Given how much I like the mild Feather Popular, I wonder if the Lady would be a razor for me. It has more style than the G2000, in my opinion.

I have to tell you, I love this razor. I used it yesterday and found the long handle and the balance it allowed to be just right. And I do like the looks of it.

Top Bottom