What's new

Two weeks in, getting much better

Hey, I am definitely a DE newbie.

I received my order just over two weeks ago. I bought an Edwin Jagger DE-89L, sample blades (Derby, Astra and Lord), badger hair brush, Pacific Shaving Company Shave Cream and the PSC Shave Oil. Purchased all from Fendrihan.com

When I first started out, it took a lot of getting used to. Especially getting used to "beard reduction" with each pass. My first week and a half resulted in many nicks and cuts and a lot razor burn/irritation.

So I took to B&B and of course Mantic59 and tried out Kyles Prep. I wasn't sure if it was working for me or not.

It took me up until now to realize it wasn't the shave cream or ASB that was causing the irritation/nicks/cuts. It was my prep. Kyle's prep was not working at all for me. I read about cold water shaving and gave that a whirl. I can't believe the difference it has made. I'm getting a pretty close shave (still not BBS) and no irritation at all and today was my DE shave without a nick or cut :biggrin1:

I really look forward to my shaves now. I can't wait to get my technique to the point where BBS becomes a regular occasion for me.

Cheers

Yep.. prep can vary quite a bit from person to person I have seen. A lot of folks say soaking your beard in the shower is good to soften it up but I find if I do that my skin is too moisturized or sensitive to get a great shave. I actually now keep my face dry and only wet it at the end of the shower to get a good BBS shave.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Different strokes for different folks. It really does get better . . . then you get sloppy and . . . then you go back to the beginning and . . . it gets even better.

Welcome to B&B

Congrats on the progress! It does take time to make the transition to the DE, but once you get the technique down, the shaves are excellent.

Welcome to B & B & congratulations on the first shave without a nick! Feels good doesn't it :thumbup1:

I remember the feeling I got a couple of months back when I had my first shave with a straight without any nicks, that was a good day.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the experience.

Welcome to B&B. Its good your willing to give new techniques a try. They are all YMMV. Enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom