What's new

FS Two Safety and Seven Straight Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offered today are two safety razors and seven straights.

Safety Razors
The safety razors are on behalf of a friend who I got started on traditional shaving about a year ago. He's now discovered the world of SEs and so needs to clear out some DEs that are no longer getting the love they deserve.
IMG_20200223_170725.jpg
IMG_20200223_170742.jpg

Pictured left to right -
Merkur 15C (I think), Open Comb - $20
Viking's Blade, "The Godfather", with original case - $20

Straight Razors
I got into straight razor restorations soon after starting straights about two years ago. Time to find a good home for these in order to make room for more in need of some TLC.

All Razors have been honed by me on a synthetic progression; 1k, 4k, 8k, 12k. They have been either touched up or honed from bevel set on. All have been maintained using diamond pasted balsa after every shave. All meet my standards for "shave ready", but as always in subjective judgments, YMMV. All have been stored with a thin coating of mineral oil and will come shipped in the same manner.
IMG_20200223_172019.jpg

IMG_20200223_172119.jpg

Lot 1: Pictured left to right -
Torrey, "Our 136", 5/8", Full Hollow (original box) - $80
Germania/Imperial, 5/8", Full Hollow (unknown box) - $50
Johan Engström - 6/8", Frameback (M. Jung box)- $40

IMG_20200223_172432.jpg
IMG_20200223_172533.jpg

Lot 2: Pictured left to right
Waterville Cutlery, "Unlimited", 5/8", Quarter Hollow (original box) - $70
Geo. Wostenholm, "Celebrated Concave Razor", 6/8", Faux Frameback (no box) - $100
Wade & Butcher, "Hollow Ground", 6/8", Faux Frameback (W&B box)- $130
Wade & Butcher, "Celebrated Medium Size", 6/8", Full Hollow (W&B box) - $120

All prices include CONUS/FPO/APO shipping via USPS Priority mail. International buyers are welcome, but will be charged actual shipping costs. I can answer any questions posted or provide additional pictures at your request. All responses to your questions will be posted publicly in this thread.

Engstrom frameback

Love this razor! Very nice shaver once you get used to the thin tang (has a tendency to roll between your fingers until you get the hang of it). It was a late addition to the "For Sale" pile, but it's just not getting enough use these days. Time for a better home.

Love this razor! Very nice shaver once you get used to the thin tang (has a tendency to roll between your fingers until you get the hang of it). It was a late addition to the "For Sale" pile, but it's just not getting enough use these days. Time for a better home.

If I had the extra income Id take it but I have car repairs, brakes on a Hemi Chrysler 300, U joints on a 70 Skylark GS, and a full tune up and brakes on an 84 Olds 442. Need to tend to those so my wife can stop complaining that they sit all the time. Plus if I get another razor she would kill me since I have 21 already :laugh:

GLWTS, anybody who will get a straight from you will be getting a top notch ready to shave with blade.

Larry

Tempted. Considering buying a SR and it would be my first. The names look mostly German. Are any of them Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom