What's new

Two passes off one lather? Who else does?

My age is old like my beard, it’s been week of soap saving.

One lather and two passes, give DESIRED RESULTS, see no reason to relay her second time.

I use one of my VINTAGES, medium/mild razor.🪒

Simple solution that works on my beard.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Are you talking about loading the brush once and getting two passes? Or are you talking about only applying lather to your face once and shaving for two passes? If it's the first yeah I do that every shave. If it's the latter what soaps are you using?

I usually only shave one pass, but I always have enough lather on my brush to do multiple passes, so I would re-lather again before taking a second shot.

But whatever works, works. Glad OP has found a time-saver that is practical for him.

Sure, why not? If it works for you. I'm sure you know when it doesn't.

Most of the barbers that I've been to in my lifetime, when they shave the back of my neck and around the ears, apply lather then wipe it away before they take a straight razor to those areas.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I've never tried it and nor do I want to. I've always enough lather on my brush for a 2 pass shave + touch ups at least. But if its working for you that's fine 🙂.

I lather for each pass (3x) and do touch up with water and residual slickness.

I've already loaded my brush, so why not use the lather?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I load once, lather, shave against, put a few drops of hot water on the already loaded brush, lather for across the grain, and do the same for against the grain. It took about five seconds of loading to start the process, and enough soap is left in the brush after the third pass that I probably could have done several more passes, but why, if it is already BBS. It is hard to save much more soap because if I load under than five seconds, the lather just isn't right.

I never subscribed to the idea that there is a limit how often I can charge the brush during a shave.

Most of the time, I charge the brush for the first and second pass, sometimes there is enough left for the final touch-up, sometimes there isn’t and I charge the brush a third time.

My shave - my rules. :thumbup:

B.

Nope.

What would the benefits be over lathering up for a second pass?

Hmmh… :pipe:
Having a nice, well lubricating film on my face for the next pass maybe????

One should not underestimate how little lather is left after a well executed pass with a straight razor. :straight:

B.

Hmmh… :pipe:
Having a nice, well lubricating film on my face for the next pass maybe????

One should not underestimate how little lather is left after a well executed pass with a straight razor. :straight:

B.
So that residual lubricating film on your face, is superior to a second application of lather?

So that residual lubricating film on your face, is superior to a second application of lather?

To answer that, read a) the second phrase in the post you quoted or b) the post preceding that one, but re-reading your comment, I may have misread the “benefits … over lathering up for a second pass” (as inbenefits of” vs “benefits over”) in your post.

Note to myself: Never respond to another post when in a hurry. :cuppa:

B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom