IMG_6555.jpg

Morning shave - 3/15/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: AV Classic
Rating: 9/10, DFS+
Quite respectable shave, but with a weeper and a bit of tightness as a result. Plenty close though. I might have been a bit heavy handed on the razor. I felt rushed. Still very serviceable and pleasant shave.

Evening shave - 3/16/24
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Treet Platinum (half blade) (2)
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Rating: 8/10, SAS
Well I tried the Leaf Twig for a third time and it was the same result. I did three passes. WTG, XTG, XTG and I still was not getting a result I hoped for I switch razors to finish the job. Smooth and comfortable though, but so much to be desired in closeness.

Evening shave - 3/16/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (6)
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Finished up my Saturday shave with two passes with the RR Old Type and it was sweet. Smooth, comfortable and plenty close. No complaints.

Morning shave - 3/18/24
Razor: n/a
Blade: BIC Sensitive Disposable (7)
Soap: Edge Shaving Gel shea and Sandalwood
Brush: n/a
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 8/10, SAS
Got a bit off kilter with my shaves. Ended up as a morning shave and I decided to make it a single pass to get back on track tonight. It mowed down the whiskers to an acceptable work day level. That is all.

Evening shave - 3/18/24
Razor: KCG
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (1)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Ahhh now that is the way it is supposed to be! Uber smooth and very comfortable. Not a weeper in sight and oh so close to BBS.

Evening shave - 3/19/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (2)
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
The KCG strikes yet again. Another wonderful shave. No irritation and plenty smooth and close. What more can you ask for in a shave?

Morning shave - 3/21/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Very consistent shaves with this razor/blade combo. 36 hours of growth no issues whatsoever. Smooth and comfortable. Just a few spots with leftover short stubble.

Morning shave - 3/22/24
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (4)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Very close to BBS! My upper lip has a tiny bit of stubble left. This is one of the more troubling areas for me. Super smooth and not a lick of irritation. No complaints whatsoever.

Evening shave - 3/23/24
Razor: Swing SB
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (5)
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 8.5/10, DFS+
First outing with the Swedish Swing razor. It is certainly a more blade forward razor that I am used to and I obviously was not careful enough and ended up with some irritation. I had some missed areas, but it was plenty, almost too close of a shave.

Evening shave - 3/24/24
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
New blade to me in the Tiger Platinum. I know it can be a polarizing blade, but it performed quite well. No issues. Not quite as sharp as the Personna Platinum that I was previously using, but plenty good enough. It was very smooth though. No complaints.

This is the last loose blade I have, which means that next Sunday when I change blades I will only have full tucks! This will be a major milestone!

Evening shave - 3/26/24
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Tiger Platinum (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Rating: 9/10, DFS
Shave was a bit easier as compared to the previous one. Still the blade is not sharp enough to get a real close shave it seems. It is not a horrible shave by any means, but things could be better as well. It was a very comfortable shave though. Very smooth, but these annoying straggler whiskers here and there annoys me. Still quite presentable.

After deciding to cut this Tiger Platinum blade short I am officially open tuck and loose blade free! All I have are complete unopened tucks! This has been a fun journey to try to accomplish this. My next task is to eliminate all my tucks that does not belong to a pack of blades. This journey will a long one. I probably have about 15 tucks or so and at one blade per week it will be a while, but it will be an interesting one. I have some challenging blades to use among these and we will see if I will prevail. Stay tuned for that adventure to begin.

Evening shave - 3/27/24
Razor: Parker SoloEdge
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (1)
First time using this razor and I have to say wow. It was a great very intuitive shave. Plenty close and I could have as easily have judged this a BBS, but there was a few small stubbled areas left. No irritation. Overall a wonderful shave.

Morning shave - 3/29/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (2)
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 9.5/10, BBS
Another fantastic shave by the SoloEdge. However, I was getting a bit exuberant and caused myself a bit of skin tightness and a few weepers. Still a very comfortable shave with a great shave outcome.

New Tuck!

Sunday March 31, 2024
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Brush: Simpson CH2
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Feather (1/5)

IMG_6686.jpg

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Forgive me uncle Boris, but I’m bouncing between open tucks. I’ve moved on to Dorco Titans for this week, which were already open.

Evening shave - 3/30/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (3)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
This shave was a great shave for the books. Very close indeed and even after 12 hours it was not much growth. Smooth and pleasant. Cannot ask for more.

Evening shave - 3/31/24
Blade: Treet Platinum (half) (4)
Soap: BSS #1 (single lye)
Aftershave: Afta Original After Shave Gel
Rating: 9.25/10, DFS++
Did not have much stubble growth from last shave since it was so close so I somewhat expected a bit of irritation and sure enough I did have some skin tightness and a weeper. However, the shave was as close as the previous one. This is one fantastic razor. It is just a razor that needs a bit more growth on my face to not cause irritation or I need to get better with it.

Evening shave - 4/1/24
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum (half) (1)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Solid shave with a new blade to me. Very comfortable with no issues. Not quite as close as the previous shave, but plenty good still. No issues.

Top Bottom