IMG_6497.jpg

Evening shave - 2/27/24
Razor: Greencult GC 1.1
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (3)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Rating: 9.5/10, BBS
Very similar shave to yesterday's. Just like yesterday I got some tightness and maybe a hair more even. The shave quality was fantastic though with another BBS. My next shave is 36 hours out so maybe that will give my skin a bit of a longer break. Also the blade will be a bit more mellow. We will see. Still a great shave.

Morning shave - 2/29/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (4)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
I felt a bit hurried this morning shaving and I missed a tiny bit of stubble next to my ear on one side and a bit on my upper lip so I could not give it a BBS. Still is was a splendid shave. As close as the other shaves with the GC 1.1. Irritation free since my skin was left alone for an extra 12 hours.

Morning shave - 3/1/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (5)
Aftershave: AV Musk
I felt like my shave this morning was more efficient on time and indeed looking at the time it was. I was quite surprised. I am not a speed shaver in any way. Even so this shave was a great one. Smooth and comfortable and plenty close. A few areas with a tiny bit of stubble, but nothing to worry about.

Evening shave - 3/2/24
Blade: BIC Chromium Platinum (6)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
That was such a smooth shave! Very comfortable and plenty close. No irritation, no issues.

Evening shave - 3/3/24
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Aftershave: AV Classic
Rating: 9.25/10, DFS++
Fresh blade, 24 hours since last shave with the GC 1.1. Seems a bit too much for my skin. I can tell that the skin would favor a bit longer between shaves or have a less sharp blade with this razor. Still a very nice shave. Plenty close, but with a little bit of tightness and one weeper.

Evening shave - 3/4/24
Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Aftershave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Switched razor to the Fatip Grande OC and I had a wonderful shave. Plenty close and comfortable. No issues.

Evening shave - 3/5/24
Razor: RazoRock Mentor
Blade: Derby Premium (3)
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Oh so close to BBS! Unfortunately found a spot or two that had a little stubble left. Very smooth, comfortable and close. Still nice DFS 12 hours after the shave.

Morning shave - 3/7/24
Blade: Derby Premium (4)
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
That is how a shave should be! Ultra smooth and easy. Completely irritation free. Very close to BBS. I was even debating to give it a BBS rating, but there was a tiny bit of stubble I found so I could not. Awesome shave with an awesome razor.

Morning shave - 3/8/24
Blade: Derby Premium (5)
Aftershave: Osage Rub
Rating: 10/10, BBS
I had a bit more time this morning for my shave so I could take my time. It really paid off. I got a fantastic BBS shave. This razor is quickly turning into my favorite. Smooth, close and comfortable.

Only three loose blades to clean up and then I only have full tucks left!

Evening shave - 3/9/24
Blade: Derby Premium (6)
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
What a fantastic end of a week with the Derby. Premium! Fabulous shave. Close, comfortable.

Evening shave - 3/10/24
Razor: RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (1)
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Decided to take one of my less than stellar razors out for a spin and I have to say it was a nice comfortable shave. Really no issues. I did have a small weeper that came and went, but nothing to get too excited about. Plenty close. No complaints.

Only two loose blades left..........we are getting there.

Evening shave - 3/11/24
Razor: RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (2)
Aftershave: Skin Bracer
Rating: 9/10, DFS+
Respectable shave, plenty close, but with a slight bit of tightness of the skin. I did get one weeper that closed quickly. I think my decision to PIF this razor is the right one.

Today's shave was just so good. I decided to pull out four more GSB's and used them over the next few days. Same kit planned for each day. Same photo each day, no need to change that either!
New Tuck!

72/366
Tuesday March 12, 2024
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: GSB (1/5)

IMG_6555.jpg

Morning shave - 3/13/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (3)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
Back to the RR Old Type and it was really shining. Super comfortable and not even a threat of irritation. Plenty close shave. A few areas short of a BBS, but still a very nice shave.

Morning shave - 3/14/24
Razor: RazoRock Old Type
Blade: Personna Platinum (Germany) (4)
Aftershave: AV Musk
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Very smooth shave without a hint of irritation. This razor is one smooth operator. Plenty close and easy to use razor.

Top Bottom