What's new

TTO or 3 piece?

I don't really have a preference, but it is fun to do little servo-like sound effects when opening and closing the TTOs:lol:
Michael Winslow got nothing on me!

I don't really have a preference, but it is fun to do little servo-like sound effects when opening and closing the TTOs:lol:
Michael Winslow got nothing on me!

I prefer the pneumatic blow off valve hiss or the hydraulic pump hum. To each his own, I suppose.:biggrin:

I like both. TTO is more convenient while three piece is more attractive, to me. I get good shaves from both.

Also, we can't leave out the clam shell. That's right. I'm throwing the tie breaker to SE.

Nice choices!:lol:

My wife thinks I'm completely nuts because I have sound effects for a lot of things. For example, did you know that throwing a tripped breaker back to the on position after a power surge sounds like a small explosion? It does in my panel.:biggrin:

I prefer 3-piece, as you can accumulate any number of custom handles, and give the razor a "different feel" by merely switching them out.

A very subjective question from the newbie for all you safety razor users. What is your preference and why, TTO type or 3 piece screw together?
Neither. I prefer a two piece. :biggrin:

Seriously, I have no preference. But my favorite razors are both two piece ( Mergress and a 38C).

Tho I have a long black handled coming, we'll see if things change once it arrives.

I have to say I own, use, and enjoy both types. I tend to use a razor for about a week and then I like a change. Two of my favorite razors are a Gillette Milord (TTO) and a Gillette NEW (3-piece, open comb). Each delivers an excellent shave but the shaving experience is different.

I have and use both but really prefer the Edwin Jagger three piece razors due to the lower profile heads. That is why I reach for them the majority of the time. The EJ razors with the new Muhle heads would be an excellent choice for an introduction to three piece razors.

Been shaving 50+, began with 3-piece fat handle Tech, Schick short handle, ball handle Tech, PAL adjustable, Super Speeds, tried all cartridges, back to Schick but problem with finding blades, discovered Badger & Blade(thanks to all), finally located SEs(no longer made/available where/when began shaving, now due to availability prefer Schick-Eversharp(injectors), SEs(1912), 3-piece open comb DEs, with DEs my least favorite and SEs having better blades consistently available locally but non-adjustable Injectors probably provide best/closest shave when good blades are available.

Top Bottom