What's new

Trumpers GFT has lost its potency?

C

CitizenKang

OK guys,

I got this scent in a sampler from Trumpers 3 years ago and loved it. An hour long lemon burst and then a nice long drydown to the musk. Works great here in the Memphis summertime heat. Someone in the reviews section said that it stays around even after a shower which was my experience with the first bottle I got. That particular bottle lasted from the summer of 2008 and was used up in the summer of 2009. I went ahead and ordered another in September of 2009 in preparation for this summer and quite frankly I'm more than a little dissapointed. For the past two months I haven't smelled anything past the original lemon scent. Did I just get a bad bottle?

Dunno about a bad bottle, but is it possible the alcohol is killing the scent? I've noticed that British fragrances seem to employ a lot of rough-smelling alcohol (Czech & Speake/Penhaligon's included). Not sure about Trumpers GFT though, never tried it. Did your sample bottle from 3 years ago smell very astringent and cologne-like? I'm wondering if they switched up the alcohol content on that and the bottle you're currently using. I read on Basenotes that samplers sometimes are spiked with alcohol to make the scents headier and more top-note focused.

Top Bottom