What's new

Truefitt & Hill... OK I really went off the deep end

20220413_202200.jpg
20220413_202049-jpg.1439376
OK -
For all of you wbo have been following my threads, may be thinking that that DiscoMike guy may have went off the deep end. I am here to tell you that I did. And this is all your fault. Every one of you.

Here is my latest acquisition that arrived yesterday.

It may take a while before I get to these as I have so many soaps and creams to go through.
This should put me at around 100 shaving ceams and soaps I have at my disposal.

20220413_201850.jpg

Attachments

• 20220413_201932.jpg
    20220413_201932.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220413_202049.jpg
    20220413_202049.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 596
You might join the 3017ers.

You might join the 3017ers.

With the amount of soaps and creams I have, combined with how I shave - every 3-4 days, I will be part of the 4017ers club.

I have and recommend:
1805 and Ultimate Comfort Creams - Wonderful !
Sandalwood Soap - Brilliant !

Had the Sandalwood tube cream, but I found that it kept drying out on me.
I use it from time to time as a pre-shave

Try the Apsley first because that's the only scent that they make in the newer hard soap. :devil:
Do tell ...
Apsley will be my next once I 3017 my tub of 1805

Last edited:
Do tell ...
Apsley will be my next once I 3017 my tub of 1805
It's pretty simple, they reformulated several years ago but only made in Apsley. Nobody knows why they didn't role it out in the other scents. You can see it in the price too, a few extra bucks. As I believe @Steve56 mentioned, the Floris soaps are the only other ones using the reformulation. I have found Apsley at Gifts and Care, I think it was, for a good price. Floris would be 💰

It's pretty simple, they reformulated several years ago but only made in Apsley. Nobody knows why they didn't role it out in the other scents. You can see it in the price too, a few extra bucks. As I believe @Steve56 mentioned, the Floris soaps are the only other ones using the reformulation. I have found Apsley at Gifts and Care, I think it was, for a good price. Floris would be 💰
Interesting if you're referring to this:

At Harrod's I have noticed pricing differences between their soaps, but I never realized there to be a difference in base given their last reformulation; 2016/17 ? - Current formulation is very good imo.

Confirm that my puck ingredients differ from the posted recipe:
IMG_6807.JPG

Last edited:
I've been slowly working my way through the sample cream/Aftershave balm set and would echo the sentiments of other posters. The Apsley scent is fantastic and the performance of that soap base (Arran and Floris also use it) blows the cream performance out of the water!

I've been slowly working my way through the sample cream/Aftershave balm set and would echo the sentiments of other posters. The Apsley scent is fantastic and the performance of that soap base (Arran and Floris also use it) blows the cream performance out of the water!
Been meaning to try Arran, if only for the nifty cement bowl. I don't care for the US retailer that caries it... :whistling:

Try the Apsley first because that's the only scent that they make in the newer hard soap. :devil:

Well, now I am off to order the same set. Can't let you have all the fun! :001_tt2:
I'm hoping they expand the Apsley base to their other scents. I would happily throw money at Trafalgar, West Indian Limes and a stronger scented 1805 (and potentially Grafton and Lavender) if they made them in the same soap base!

Been meaning to try Arran, if only for the nifty cement bowl. I don't care for the US retailer that caries it... :whistling:
I'm using the Machrie soap just now and really enjoying the shaves with it. There are some negative reviews of Arran, but looking at the dates of them it's an old formula. The solid resin bowl is an added bonus 😂
I'm lucky living in Scotland, it's not hard to come by. I picked mine up from their shop while visiting Arran on holiday along with a Lochranza cream and both Aftershave Balms.
Arran cheese and Arran gin are also excellent, but that's a post for another forum 😂

I'm using the Machrie soap just now and really enjoying the shaves with it. There are some negative reviews of Arran, but looking at the dates of them it's an old formula. The solid resin bowl is an added bonus 😂
I'm lucky living in Scotland, it's not hard to come by. I picked mine up from their shop while visiting Arran on holiday along with a Lochranza cream and both Aftershave Balms.
Arran cheese and Arran gin are also excellent, but that's a post for another forum 😂
So when should I expect my care package of soap, cheese and gin? :lol:
We sure are weirdos on this forum, aren't we? :wacko:

Top Bottom