What's new

Truefitt and Hill 1805 - what you think

well just got my sample pack from Truefitt and Hill, using the 1805 at the moment.
Got mixed feeling about it I like it but think it strong and maybe a bit over powering at times. Maybe i put too much on!! Its cologne not EDT.

Got oily skin and like Citrus/ Fresh.

Like Carolina Hererra 212, Givenchy pour homme, Dolce and Gabanna pour homme, Davidoff Cool water.

What other fragrances would you recommend??

I've been enjoying a sample of this as well. Somehow seems less synthetic than the lot of marine/aquatic fragrances. I find the cologne slightly milder and overall more enjoyable scent than the shaving cream.

This thread piqued my interest so swung by Nordie's 2da to get a sample. My local store was outta 1805 (dagnabbit) but the nice lady gave me enough sample of Trafalgar to last a week !!! Trafalgar also being new to my pristine 'n so handsome visage...

Gotta love Nordie's service.

With 1805 I use one spray and one spray only. I can still smell it after 7 or 8 hours, and that's a good thing. nice light scent.

I have decants of 1805 and Trafalgar. I use a max of two sprays and the scent lasts over 8 hrs. The scent of the respective shaving creams also lasts far longer than any other cream I have, which may not be saying much because they are the only high end British creams I have.

jim

:confused: Not a big fan of most of the T&H scents, but I do like Grafton and 1805 quite a bit. The 1805 doesn't have the best staying power on me though. Guess you bring in body chemistry, YMMV couldn't be more true

1805 is my favorite scent of all the creams I've sampled. I like to use it for my Friday shaves, and special events.

well just got my sample pack from Truefitt and Hill, using the 1805 at the moment.
Got mixed feeling about it I like it but think it strong and maybe a bit over powering at times. Maybe i put too much on!! Its cologne not EDT.

Got oily skin and like Citrus/ Fresh.

Like Carolina Hererra 212, Givenchy pour homme, Dolce and Gabanna pour homme, Davidoff Cool water.

What other fragrances would you recommend??

Seeing that you are "Over There" I might suggest trying one of the DR Harris colognes.. Since you are fond of citrus scents, the Freshening, Traditional, and Classic translates to lemon, lime, and orange fragrances.. All artfully done for those that like the clean, cool, smell of citrus.

1805, yum.
Trafalgar, sometimes.
Grafton, while fishing and hunting.

I have 1805 SC, 1805 SB, Trafalgar SC, and EDC's of 1805, Trafalgar, and Grafton.

The 1805 is light, but is great for someone like me who meets new people every day and doesnt want to overpower anyone. Trafalgar is for use among friends and lovers. Grafton is for use near bonfires.

Only the colognes have staying power, and they are nice indeed. I keep using the SC's and SB's, but once they are gone I will use unscented products, followed by the colognes. FWIW.

I was in their London store and received a few samples of which included the 1805. I have tried it for over a week now and have ordered a full bottle this morning. Very clean/fresh scent that I think is good throughout the year. It is a nice compliment to their 1805 cream that I also enjoy.

I do enjoy it, but it is nothing special. Just another Oceanic scent. Ive tried the cream and EDT. Im not a huge trumpers fan. Ill spend my money at Taylors anyday!

I am the kind of guy that recomends mainstream edts easier to sample, buy, and get rid of if you do not like them. And sometimes even cheaper. People say that 1805 smells like L'eau d'Issey. I happen to agree.

Other recomendations:
Burberry men
Chanel Platinum Egoiste (Best sillage on a citrusy scent :blink: )
Aqua di Parma
Eau Sauvage Dior
Dior Homme
Gyvenchy Blue Label or Bvlgary Aqua

Cheaper
PAco RAbanne XS
Herrera Carolina Herrera (but buying both would be redundant)
Joop NightFlight (a cousing of cool water with the staying power of Joop:ohmy: )

Top Bottom