What's new

Trivia for the B&B sages

Now the owner of three vintage TTO Gilletes, I notice that the exposed blade ends on the sides of the heads (not the cutting edge) are of unequal lengths. I think I read somewhere why the ends were exposed - something to do with the ability to micro-adjust the blade edges with the safety bar to even blade exposure and ensure parallelism. But why the unequal lengths? Some engineering reason? So you can tell which side you just used in a pass during a shave? To better miss your ear? It is a puzzlement....

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If the tabs stick out unevenly from each end, then the blade is not centered in the blade tray. Slightly loosen the doors, and using the tabs as handles, push the blade gently one way or the other to even the amount of exposure of the tabs on each end.
Once that's done, your blade is centered.
That's the OCD answer. In reality, a slight offset makes no real difference.

I stand corrected - had a run of Voskhods where the tabs were in fact uneven, but all appears well with the latest batch; asymmetry resolved and all's right with the Universe. OCD off.

Ok, that was funny!

I actually went up and check the alignment of the blades in my TTOs then later I see your post about the blades. I can now relax my paranoia.

Top Bottom