What's new

Tried Catie's Bubbles for the first time and was impressed!

Shaved with Catie's Bubbles for the first time this morning and it was a sublime shave. I used Mile High Menthol which is a play on Proraso Green but better. Used a Declaration B4 brush, Wolfman Standard gap with a feather blade and Proraso Green Aftershave. Wonderful, Wonderful Shave!!!

I've always been puzzled that Catie's Bubbles doesn't get talked about more than it does. I went years before buying my first soap from them, but when I finally tried LPV, I was so impressed I bought half a dozen more. These soaps are super slick! Scents are obviously subjective, but I love the smell of every soap I have from them.

Oddly enough, I shaved with Catie's Bubbles Noah L'Orange this morning. I had to get the soap because it supported Prader Willi Syndrome research, and that's a population my wife has worked with. First whiff I didn't like, but it's grown on me for scent and the performance has always been perfection.

I have their Un Jour Gris. Simple grey scent, but very clean and still refreshing. The lather is pretty decent. My one gripe is the tub size. I’m not a scooper so it’s a bit of a chore to load without a lot of clanking.

I have their Un Jour Gris. Simple grey scent, but very clean and still refreshing. The lather is pretty decent. My one gripe is the tub size. I’m not a scooper so it’s a bit of a chore to load without a lot of clanking.

Is that a Vetiver scent?

Is that a Vetiver scent?

From the site: A fresh, clean blend of citrus, spice, vetiver and sandalwood that reminds me of the smell after a chaotic storm. A scent truly suited for a grey day.

It’s blended quite well though. I’ve used it a few times and have not been able to pick out any single note. All I get at the moment is a grey, slightly wood scent.

From the site: A fresh, clean blend of citrus, spice, vetiver and sandalwood that reminds me of the smell after a chaotic storm. A scent truly suited for a grey day.

It’s blended quite well though. I’ve used it a few times and have not been able to pick out any single note. All I get at the moment is a grey, slightly wood scent.

Great. Thanks!

Shaved with Catie's Bubbles for the first time this morning and it was a sublime shave. I used Mile High Menthol which is a play on Proraso Green but better. Used a Declaration B4 brush, Wolfman Standard gap with a feather blade and Proraso Green Aftershave. Wonderful, Wonderful Shave!!!
I LOVE Mile High Menthol! It smells soooo good and the performance is excellent. Easily a Top 3 menthol soap for me!

I haven't tried CB, and I was wondering about that soap in particular, as they have it at Italian Barber. I'll have to order a tub with my next order.

Catie's Bubbles doesn't get the love nowadays that it so richly deserves IMO. Not only do they have a variety of beautiful scents, but their quality is impeccable and for a non-tallow soap the only other in their league is Sudsy Soapery IMO. I have tried most of their regular line and for my $$ the best daily soap would be ironically that which is the favorite of the owner/maker: Tonsorial Parlour. Fantastic soap. :wink:

I recently finished up a small 2oz tub of Tonsorial Parlour and loved every shave!
The scent at first was very strong, but after constant use, it mellowed to a nice fragrance. I'd get it again - but in the large tub....

Catie's Bubbles doesn't get the love nowadays that it so richly deserves IMO. Not only do they have a variety of beautiful scents, but their quality is impeccable and for a non-tallow soap the only other in their league is Sudsy Soapery IMO. I have tried most of their regular line and for my $$ the best daily soap would be ironically that which is the favorite of the owner/maker: Tonsorial Parlour. Fantastic soap. :wink:
Do you know how many times I have looked at that soap? I may have to get it now.

Top Bottom