What's new

Treet Durasharp...surprisingly good

Although I am a new wet shaver, I have come to see the wisdom of the YMMV maxim. I understand my opinion is by no means monolithic, merely anecdotal.

That said...Treet blades are awesome. Inexpensive, sharp, smooth, and come in packs of 10. I tend to like sharper blades, e.g. Feather, PolSilver, GSB, etc. However, these blades tend to be on the more expensive side. These blades are not as sharp as the aforementioned blades, but still plenty sharp. I'm buying 100.

Thoughts? Any blades similar or other Treet blades you think I must try?

I also found Treet to be agreeable. They don't hit my top three, and don't seem to have the longevity of my top three (Polsivers, Nacets, and Silver Blues). However, I get a comfortable shave with them.

Sent via mobile

I've used both the Treet 7 Days and the Classic carbon steel. While neither blew me away, I give them credit for being sharp and serviceable.

There is something different about the edge grind though (compared to other blade brands), that I can see if I hold a blade in the light just right. Not sure how to describe it other than at some point I'll have to try to get a pic to post.

Although I am a new wet shaver, I have come to see the wisdom of the YMMV maxim. I understand my opinion is by no means monolithic, merely anecdotal.

That said...Treet blades are awesome. Inexpensive, sharp, smooth, and come in packs of 10. I tend to like sharper blades, e.g. Feather, PolSilver, GSB, etc. However, these blades tend to be on the more expensive side. These blades are not as sharp as the aforementioned blades, but still plenty sharp. I'm buying 100.

Thoughts? Any blades similar or other Treet blades you think I must try?
You said you generally lean towards sharper blades, So I think you would like
Silver Star Blades made by lord they are
Very Sharp and the Price is Right, Connaught in the UK has the best Price and fast shipping also I'd suggest the
Rockwell Swedish Stainless blade also
Pretty Darn Sharp with a Unique blade feel.
Which I purchased directly from Rockwell
The Price is good and Shipping is fast.

YMMV, as OP says. The Treet Dura Sharp haven't been that great for me, but I have to say that the protective coating is everything it's cracked up to be; these carbon steel blades don't seem to corrode any faster than stainless steel ones do.

But the price has gone, not down, but up! I bought a couple hundred some time back and paid something under 10 cents apiece. There are no prices anywhere near that low on Ebay today. And Gillette Silver Blues (which have come down, like most) are showing for a little less than the Treets are now.

Its hard to beat GSB blades. I have a Treet Durasharp that I will try out this week. If I remember correctly my last Durasharp blade was very smooth & gave a DFS.

Good observations. I like Durasharps as well. They have worked well for me for quite awhile. Give Treet Rainbow a try. I was given one by a vendor when I bought others, and loved it.

maybe i got a dud or my whiskers were particularly tough that day but i was able to get through a WTG pass, i felt i needed more work to cut, so i switched it out for my astra SP, maybe ill try them again at somepoint, i did like the color of the blade though

I like using DuraSharps occasionally for a bit of variety, I can only get 3 good shaves per blade, but they're ok as daily beaters

I've been using a Durasharp this week with my Futur clone and even though the blade isn't the sharpest and my shave isn't the closest, I've found it to be a very enjoyable shave.

Once I finish the tuck of 10, I'll put forward some thought to picking up a carton of Durasharps.

Top Bottom