What's new

Travel option

So a long time ago when I used to travel as my job required I wanted a better (cooler) way to store my brushes because I got tired of the pill bottle so I made this brush roll. It's primary purpose was to protect the knot of course!
IMG_20191014_165458__02.jpg

Mini badger wrapped up
IMG_20191014_165652__01.jpg

Omega mini and how it works
IMG_20191014_170214__01.jpg
IMG_20191014_170255__01.jpg
hope this inspires someone! Let's see all those fancy travel options! Yea I know it's been talked about so I'm bored ok!

What a cool option. Afraid I don't have much travel insight to offer other than using empty stick containers and packing them with the tail end of one of my soaps.

That's awesome. How does it hold up to a semi-wet brush? I travel all the time and take two brushes since I have to have variety. :001_smile Right now I have one boar brush in a pill bottle and one synthetic brush that is just stuffed into my bag. The good thing about the synthetic is that it dries in no time, so when I leave it's always dry and I don't really worry about any damage from it not being protected. But if I had one of those travel rolls. . .

That's awesome. How does it hold up to a semi-wet brush? I travel all the time and take two brushes since I have to have variety. :001_smile Right now I have one boar brush in a pill bottle and one synthetic brush that is just stuffed into my bag. The good thing about the synthetic is that it dries in no time, so when I leave it's always dry and I don't really worry about any damage from it not being protected. But if I had one of those travel rolls. . .
It holds out fine the leather is treated and sealed inside and out. Again the roll was made to protect the knot in a dop bag from other items. The intent is to also allow the knot to breath more than a ugly pill bottle with holes;)
Forgot to say thanks!

Nice travel brush!

I favor my Yaqi Segrada Familia brush for travel. Works like a charm with any soap and dries quickly for storage.

What did you use to treat and seal it?
Love the tooling
Thanks for the kind words the sealing can be done in a few ways. This particular roll was sealed with gum tragacanth on the interior as well as an acrylic based sealer both exterior and interior.. The tooling was simplistic any amount of detail could be put on the roll I'm sure..

To be honest, I've found that a simple sheet or two, of toilet tissue works great as wrap for either brush or razor!!

Cheap, compact, protective, effective!

To be honest, I've found that a simple sheet or two, of toilet tissue works great as wrap for either brush or razor!!

Cheap, compact, protective, effective!
Guess you could use the tissue for other things as well!! Nose blowing etc etc! You definitely wouldn't want to wipe with leather it would scratch and chafe :) happy shaves!

Nice travel brush!

I favor my Yaqi Segrada Familia brush for travel. Works like a charm with any soap and dries quickly for storage.
Had to look up the Yaqi you spoke of I love the handle of the one I seen but no thanks on the synth knot they're just not for me

Top Bottom