What's new

Travel Brushes

I'm really happy with my Shavemac 19mm Silvertip for a travel brush and/or face-lathering in the morning. Very soft and luxurious. My wife bought it for me many years ago at one of the local mall knife-store chains.

View attachment 62668
Omega Italy
Omega #50014 - TurnBack Travel Brush
Turn-back brush, fitted with top quality banded boar bristles. Nice gold accent ringlet.
$12.99

View attachment 62670
This container will hold a small travel brush, like the Omega 615 shown in the picture.
The vent holes allow the brush to dry and prevent the onset of mold. Practical and inexpensive. (Brush not included)
$ 1,50

View attachment 62672
Vulfix England
Vulfix's (4027) Finest Quality 100% Super Badger Bristles.
The brush stands 82mm tall overall, bristle loft is 45mm.
Tube height is 92mm, outside diameter is 40mm.
Vulfix Super Badger Travel Brush & Tube, Cream Color $54.99
Vulfix Super Badger Travel Brush & Tube, Chrome $ 59.99
Vulfix Super Badger Travel Brush & Tube, Gold $ 59.99

View attachment 62673
MÜHLE Germany
Pure badger hair rests atop this practical, travel brush which features a two-piece aluminum handle with an attractive, matte silver anodized finish.
Special attention has been paid to ensure that the threads of each piece fit each other perfectly to guarantee their stability when in use, while clever design allows the brush to dry properly even when they enclosed in the disassembled handle.
130/68, 31 mm ø, 36g.
$ 35.59

Eelco

And what about the l'occitane travel boar brush? It seems nice:wink2:

I looked at one and even if I got it for free I wouldnt use it. It looks cool, but when you see it in the flesh it feels cheap, and I would be surprised if those bristles could make any lather at all

I looked at one and even if I got it for free I wouldnt use it. It looks cool, but when you see it in the flesh it feels cheap, and I would be surprised if those bristles could make any lather at all

You can always reknot it:biggrin:

For traveling, I've been actually thinking of getting just the knot and use it as a brush.

I picked up the L'Occitane synthetic travel brush and hated it. The bristles were far too stiff for me, and the lather was, ummm, subpar.

I just purchased and did a review on the Simpson's Berkeley #46 PB brush. It can be had in BB for another $12. This brush is exactly what I was looking for. Though not a designated travel brush it works perfectly as one. I have the travel tube that's sold with the Simpson's Case brush in the mail straight from Vulfix. The size of the brush really works for me as I am used to smaller brushes. I didn't want a teeny-tiny brush like the Case because I will be using this brush at work for 3 or more days a week. Great versatile brush that works really good with soaps and creme's.

I use an Edwin Jagger Pure Badger travel brush or a Simpsons Wee Scot. Both are great brushes. The EJ is floppy, but I have no trouble using it to face lather. The WS is tiny but one of my favorite brushes. It's firmer than the EJ travel. I agree with getting a pill bottle from the pharmacy and using whatever brush you like.

-Andy

Thanks for the replies. I bought the Trumper, mainly because a local shop had it on hand so I could take a look in person and a colleague of mine recommended it as well

I'm happy with my Super Badger travel brush from Taylor oOBS. Here's a tip: before stowing your brush away, dry it (and your toothbrush) with the hotel's hair dryer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom