What's new

Trader Joe's Coffee

Do you guys have any thoughts on some of the varieties you have tried?

I just tried the French Roast. It is very rich, and smooth. Full of flavor, but also quite simple. It's nice. The next one I buy I am looking for more complexity, perhaps I need one that is roasted less :confused1

What have you guys tried?

I haven't drank either of these beans in a long time, but I tried their Bay Blend which is a dark roast. I may have gotten a batch outside their normal roast profile but I found it burnt and way over roasted. I tried a couple of brewings, but I couldn't finish it and threw the remainder out:
proxy.php

In comparison I really liked their Peaberry and went back and bought more. It was balanced with good flavor and aroma. I also believe it was much fresher coffee,which always helps:
proxy.php

To clarify I have had a couple of different origins of their Peaberry, both which were good, but it has been a couple of years ago since I have sampled either. The other Peaberry I tried was this one from Papua New Guinea. I preferred the El Salvador Peaberry but that could have been entirely due to it being fresher (I speculate when saying that, as I don't know the freshness of either and both were good.)
proxy.php

I tried some of their columbian a while back and I like it very much. I can't give anymore details it was several months ago.

Top Bottom