What's new

Tore myself up

I guess I know what a dull blade is like now. Ouch!

It was ok on the first couple passes, however I made the mistake of going ATG and my neck is all cut up and red. I don't think I'll be shaving tomorrow

I can't remember how many shaves I had with the blade, but I think this was the 3rd. It was the Merkur blade that came with the HD, I have some Derby's here to try, I think I'll be changing them more often then needed. Blades are cheap.

Even though my st8 isn't that sharp and needs to be honed it never chewed me up like this. I got a decent almost BBS shave day 1 and 2 with the DE, but I still think I like the st8 better despite the learning curve ahead of me. Its the only thing that hasn't given me irritation and pain on my neck. Dare I say the st8 seems safer :lol:

Merkur blades suck. I dont particuarly like derbys either. Wilkinson classics are nice in my HD.

The Merkur came with the razor so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I tried the Derby today, I only did 2 passes and didn't get very close at all with it. I didn't know if my neck was fully healed up yet though. I wasn't going to push it

Derby's are a little on the dull side as blades go. I actually think the Personna brand blades at Wal-Mart are better, but YMMV.

i managed to get some decent shaves our of the merkurs, but the 4 arrow US made personnas are absolute trash, i had blade skipping with them,

Top Bottom