What's new

Top 5 things you haven't yet tried (but can't wait to.)!

1) Boar brush of some sort. Started with my badger due to me originally thinking that boar was inferior.

I felt the same way at first. But once I tried a really good boar knot (Semogue 1305) and face-lathered with it, there was no turning back. For the last 5 years or so, boar brushes account for roughly 90% of my shaves.

Badgers make up about 75% of my brush collection, but there are only two that I keep out and use regularly. That would be a Rooney 3/1 Super and a Wee Scot. There are some products, like MWF soap and some high-end creams like Penhal's Blenheim Bouquet, that just seem to call out for a badger brush.

And then there are sometimes I just want to switch things up and try something different. ARKO with boar vs. ARKO with badger is a whole different ballgame. Same thing with LaToja.

Last edited:
My top 5 consists of Gillette NEW variants, with a three piece RFB being number 1. I don't suppose I'd have any luck posting a WTB... ; )

I felt the same way at first. But once I tried a really good boar knot (Semogue 1305) and face-lathered with it, there was no turning back. For the last 5 years or so, boar brushes account for roughly 90% of my shaves.

I like my silvertip but I've been primarily face lathering with Arko (I actually enjoy the scent) for about a month now. Some days it just feels too soft and I'd really like to feel something besides lather. Boar brushes aren't very expensive but I keep getting sidetracked and for one reason or another continue to put it off. I really should get around to ordering one!

1. Wolfman open comb
2. MdC
3. ATT S2
4. Castle Forbes lime cream
5. Fatboy

I'm in a restraint, so I'm not sure thinking about this topic is helpful...

Good thread idea. I'm only 4 months in, so my list is a lot longer than 5, but here goes (and I know, I kinda cheated on the last one).

1. Old Type
2. R41
3. Tech
4. Any really good badger brush
5. Clubmans (other than Original and Vanilla)

10 months check in. My list has certainly changed. My original and updated lists below:

1. Old Type
2. R41 - Check. Now one of my top 3 razors. I've even tried it with a spitfire cap.
3. Tech
4. Any really good badger brush - Kinda. I won a TGN Super Badger in a PIF. Originally I preferred boars, but I'm starting to like my synthetic more because of softness, so maybe the badger will start growing on me.
5. Clubmans (other than Original and Vanilla) - I tried the musk. Not my favorite. I like the original and I'm sticking to it.

New Top 5 list
1. Futur
2. Cella
3. Tabac
4. Better Synthetic Brush (I only have an S Brush)
5. Injector

1. Streamline/Jewel SE
2. Pere d'Lucien soaps
3. Floid aftershaves
4. Open comb Aristocrat DE
5. Lereche DE

Ok, I'll start...Off the top of my head,

1) A scuttle
2) An injector
3) An adjustable
4) The Veg
5) TOBS Coconut shave cream

Ready, GO!

I'll steal your list, but replace 5 with one of those crazy six bladed dorcos, just to be different

Top Bottom