What's new

Top 5 smoothest/irritation free blades

Hello.
I'm looking for smooth and irritation free blades, because i have a sensitive skin on my neck and thick beard.
Can you rank your top 5 irritation free blades?
Thanks

At the moment i tryed
Voshkod
Rapira plat.Lux
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
7 o'clock permasharp
7 o'clock SS
Astra SP
Perma sharp super
Shark SS
Derby
BIC chrome platinum
and i can rank them as

1) Perma sharp super (smooth and sharp but expensive)
2) Rapira plat lux (smooth and sharp but not sharp as P.S.S.,very cheap)
3) Voshkod (similar to plat lux but less sharp)
4) Astra SP
5) 7 o'clock super stainless(green)
...let me add another
6) Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Thanks all. ( i hope to read about a good blade sharp but very smooth[very important] in answers)
Max

I do not find much difference among blades but if I had to name some "smooth" ones, meaning ones where you do not feel the blade and there seems less propensity to cut, I would sort-of pick Derby, Shark SS, and Zaza. Sorry that is only three and not five.

The only one on your list I haven't tried is the Gillette 7 O'Clock SS, so no comment
The only one on your list that I dislike is Derby because I get a nasty allergic reaction to the coating

I like all the rest on your list, and I've got them in my rotation. Two are in my top 5 blades, which are all smooth, comfortable, irritation free, reasonably priced and sharp and consistent enough for 4 perfect shaves per blade.

The rest on your list are IMHO good blades to use in my regular rotation, but I can only get 3 good shaves per blade from them, so I only regard them as "good" blades as opposed to "great" blades.....
In alphabetical order.....

Bic Chrome Platinum
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (Green)
Personna Platinum Chrome
Wilkinson Sword (Germany)
Zaza Super Stainless

.......I'll add another too

Racer Super Class Platinum

My favourite blades are Zaza Super Stainless, I knew I'd like them after the 1st stroke, Zaza have been in business for 99 years, so they've been doing something right - the cool, retro packaging is just a bonus

Personna Platinum Chrome are joint 1st performance wise, but Zaza's cool packaging makes them more fun to use

So much if this is ymmv thing.

My beard is coarse but comes in light.

Just four
Personna med preps
Polsilver SI
Astra SPs
Gillette 7OC yellows

Maybe GSBs but I get a small amount of irritation with them at times.

I'll add my three in rank of smoothness:
German Wilkinson Sword
Gillette Platinum Plus
Voskhod
I have but have not tried the Astra or the feather.

Mikey

I have so many more blades to try... but Polsilver have been my favorite so far, impressed with the Gillette 7 O'Clock sharpedge very comfortable but not very efficient but comfortable.

Here mine which are:-

Polsilver Super Iridium
Vintage Polsilver Stainless
Gillette Silver Blue
Perma-Sharp Super
German Wilkinson Sword
Voskhod

Top Bottom