What's new

TOBS Synthetic

That would be me. :tongue: Next month though, I have already bought 4 brushes this month.

Something a bit cheeky though, they don't seem to take the 17.5% tax off for export orders... I didn't complete the order but the price was £35 + £12.50 shipping.

That would be me. :tongue: Next month though, I have already bought 4 brushes this month.

Something a bit cheeky though, they don't seem to take the 17.5% tax off for export orders... I didn't complete the order but the price was £35 + £12.50 shipping.

Well, when I bought my TOBS Imitation Baddger back in March they didn't charge the VAT so they shouldn't on this. I don't recall for sure but it probably takes it off once you complete the order process and they realize you're outside the EU.

Heh. Well, I'll have to order it first. My guess is that it'll be a high-end Omega rebrand, but you never know.

I thought about ordering the TOBS synthetic, but couldn't turn down the half price offer on one of the Edwin jagger synthetics.

Still can't get fully used to a synthetic, something to do with the way the bristles stick together when wet I guess.

Do you guys still soak the brush in the same way prior to making lather?

I thought about ordering the TOBS synthetic, but couldn't turn down the half price offer on one of the Edwin jagger synthetics.

Still can't get fully used to a synthetic, something to do with the way the bristles stick together when wet I guess.

Do you guys still soak the brush in the same way prior to making lather?

Yes, I soak it. The brush does in fact hold water if for no other reason than the bristles trap water between them. I have found that with a synthetic you have to use a different technique. First, I always lather in a bowl when using a synthetic. Second, since a synthetic won't bloom or fan out like a badger hair brush I have to force it to bloom by "packing it full of cream". To do this I kind of smash it down into the lather in the bowl until all the lather is in the brush. It's a little like packing grease in a bearing if you've ever done that.

Top Bottom