What's new

TOBS Sandalwood too harsh?

I love TOBS shaving creams, but for some reason the sandalwood seems to irritate my face rather than cushion it while shaving. If I combine a little of the cream with a soap then it's fine, but on it's own I feel like it's very harsh. Anyone else have this issue?

I love TOBS shaving creams, but for some reason the sandalwood seems to irritate my face rather than cushion it while shaving. If I combine a little of the cream with a soap then it's fine, but on it's own I feel like it's very harsh. Anyone else have this issue?

Which other scents have you tried? The scents and dyes in some TOBS products sometimes give people a bad reaction.

TOBS sandalwood products, to my nose, are especially strong.
I have their liquid hand soap and the cologne. Very pungent, sandalwoody scents.
Not really bad, but definitely out there.

You aren't alone. I have both the cream and the aftershave. They're both quite pungent, and they occasionally light up my face afterward. I have no problem with the performance of either, though. If combining it with a soap works for you, then you've got a dedicated superlather cream.

I have the sandalwood and Mr. Taylors shaving cream. The Mr. Taylors is my favorite out of any cream or soap I've ever tried. I like the sandalwood scent and it really lathers well, but my face seems to be somewhat sensitive to it for some reason.

I have the sandalwood and Mr. Taylors shaving cream. The Mr. Taylors is my favorite out of any cream or soap I've ever tried. I like the sandalwood scent and it really lathers well, but my face seems to be somewhat sensitive to it for some reason.

The scent of the sandalwood in TOBS is very strong. Probably just have to accept that you need to mix it I'm afraid.

This is the first I've read about TOBS giving people reactions at times. I hope I'm not a part of that group, as I just ordered some yesterday.

TOBS sandalwood products, to my nose, are especially strong.
I have their liquid hand soap and the cologne. Very pungent, sandalwoody scents.
Not really bad, but definitely out there.

It's really not "sandalwoody" as much as it is "woody". Cedar to be specific.

TOBS "Sandalwood" - Sandalwood, cedar, jasmine, rose, rosemary, lavender.

I had a reaction to Mr Taylors, loved the scent but it didn't love me. Had no problem with the lemon lime or grapefruit, all are great performers.

The Mr Taylors now resides with my son, hopefully he can use it.

Top Bottom