What's new

Tobacquisitions- July 2018

08061660-E2AE-4ADE-96A1-4121D305CCA1.jpeg

An anniversary gift from my wife.

Thanks everyone, she doesn't care much for my pipe smoking, she thinks it's smelly, but she puts up me. I've been using an old Rocky Patel ashtray with an added knocker for awhile now, so this is a really nice replacement.

This came in today, breaking it in with 5125, smokes like a dream what a surprise, it is a lindstrom sitter.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my young morta from china today. It isn't bad really. Kinda chunky but a good shape. The stem is really thick. May have to try to thin it down. It is coated black just like @Kentos pipe was. But for a tad over $30 it isn't bad.

20180709_193445.jpg

Also got the kaywoodie flame grain Zulu and sadly I am probably going to send it back. The drilling is weird and very low. The bowl is no longer round and the top of the bowl has been charred out. There is an odd groove in the bowl that looks like someone was reaming it with a pocket knife in the same way for a long time. Gouged out a channel from the top all the way to the draught hole. Oh well, its a pity because the wood had nice flame and birdseye. Just not sure I could fix it well enough to make up for the flaws. It was so dirty the stinger wouldn't come out of the stummel without some force ick.

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Been on a bit of a Mac Baren kick ... The Pure Virginia is dated Feb 2016, but will crack it first.

proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
image.jpg

Kendal Plug from TobaccoPipes. I could have sworn my batch from SP was in a ziplock not shrink wrapped.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I'm on tapa, but if I were at my desktop I would insert the jaw drop emoji 3 times.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

My understanding is that it is rarely restocked, but I have seen it for sale 3 times in the last 12 months so far. Definitely a must have if you like plugs. Compared to fresh FVF I would say it had a little more sharp and grassy tin note. It is supposed to be Best Brown Flake in Plug form.

Top Bottom