What's new

Timex watches

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1. It worked, didn't it?
proxy.php

Timex jumps into the solar/eco-friendly space with their new Expedition North line of field watches. There is also a mechanical version. Pretty good specs for the price. Not sure they can compete with Citizen's Eco-Drive movement, but they are mostly filling the entry-level space that Seiko abandoned. Timex | Expedition North - https://www.timex.com/browse/collections/expedition-north/
Nice that they include 36mm (solar), 38mm (mechanical), and 41mm (solar). The specs on the solar models looks pretty good, though I wonder how transparent that black faced solar version is in real life...it is noticable but barely so in the stock photos. I wonder if that is why they did not offer a white/cream solar dial to avoid it becoming more prevalent.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
This thread has got me considering one. The last Timex I had was the half digital half analogue Expedition. Loved the watch, but absolutely hated the strap. I can't remember what happened to that one.

At the moment, I have a couple of solar Casios on resin straps, and a Sekona chrono on a black leather strap, but nothing on a brown leather strap. I might consider correcting that... I've seen a couple of simple Timex watches I like the look of.

Nice that they include 36mm (solar), 38mm (mechanical), and 41mm (solar). The specs on the solar models looks pretty good, though I wonder how transparent that black faced solar version is in real life...it is noticable but barely so in the stock photos. I wonder if that is why they did not offer a white/cream solar dial to avoid it becoming more prevalent.
I got the 36mm solar a couple of weeks ago. I don't notice any transparency in the dial.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have a Timex Expedition and love it. It is resting now waiting a new battery while I wear a Swiss Army - another inexpensive great watch.

Top Bottom