What's new

Timeless - Ding/Scratches vs New

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a timeless DE razor. Timeless has a section where one can get razors/parts that have scratches/scuffs on them for a good 50$ less than a new one.

Does anyone here have any experience buying one via this route? If so, what imperfection did you receive and did at all affect the performance of the razor?

I have seen a few comments here and many dozens on their website saying they are perfect without scratches or dents. I asked Matt (one of the owners) and he said the majority are returns that are perfect.
This is all anecdotal so take with a few grains of salt. Regardless, they are incredible razors. Which are you looking at?

I have seen a few comments here and many dozens on their website saying they are perfect without scratches or dents. I asked Matt (one of the owners) and he said the majority are returns that are perfect.
This is all anecdotal so take with a few grains of salt. Regardless, they are incredible razors. Which are you looking at?
Hi ! Thanks for this

I am looking at .95 scalloped bar. I honestly don't know what the scalloped bar does as against the straight bar. Would you happen to know the difference or atleast the function of a scalloped bar over a straight bar?

I have bought two razors from their scratch-and-dent area: A SS.68, and an Aluminum. Both were perfect. The SS has a scalloped bar…to me it is just aesthetics.

Hi ! Thanks for this

I am looking at .95 scalloped bar. I honestly don't know what the scalloped bar does as against the straight bar. Would you happen to know the difference or atleast the function of a scalloped bar over a straight bar?
I have a .95 OC only although a scalloped Slim is showing up today. I’ll let you know if I figure it out. FYI, I was a milder razor shaver and the Overlander ruled until that OC arrived. It’s very efficient yet not scary at all. Brainless and easy shaves for me from day one through maybe 35 now. If you pick either scalloped or SB S&D and don’t like it, it would sell quickly on the BST.

Hi ! Thanks for this

The scalloped bar is designed to allow some lather to flow through to a greater degree than what the solid bar does. The open comb allows even more lather through along with a greater amount of stubble through as well. The teeth on the Timeless OC plates are some of the smoothest and most enjoyable I have used.

I have both SS and Ti polished Timeless razors along with various plates all purchased from their scratch and dent option. All have been flawless, but there is no guarantee so keep that in mind. I would not hesitate buying anything through their S&D.

The scalloped bar is designed to allow some lather to flow through to a greater degree than what the solid bar does. The open comb allows even more lather through along with a greater amount of stubble through as well. The teeth on the Timeless OC plates are some of the smoothest and most enjoyable I have used.

I have both SS and Ti polished Timeless razors along with various plates all purchased from their scratch and dent option. All have been flawless, but there is no guarantee so keep that in mind. I would not hesitate buying anything through their S&D.
Thanks Cannon! This answer definitely helps! Gosh what an awesome community it is here on B&B. Truly an "ask and you shall have" forum or should i say - ask and you shall shave :)

Cannon, what is the difference between the Ti and SS. I have read here that Ti is more "softer" and SS is slightly more aggressive ? Is that your opinion also?

Cannon, what is the difference between the Ti and SS. I have read here that Ti is more "softer" and SS is slightly more aggressive ? Is that your opinion also?
I don’t get the softer, but I have read that. For me it is just about weight. Stainless steel runs heavy which can explain why some feel it’s more “aggressive “. Aluminum runs very light which I don’t like at all. Titanium is sort of in between the two, so for me it has ample weight yet being lighter than SS it seems more maneuverable.

Hi Guys,

I am planning to get a timeless DE razor. Timeless has a section where one can get razors/parts that have scratches/scuffs on them for a good 50$ less than a new one.

Does anyone here have any experience buying one via this route? If so, what imperfection did you receive and did at all affect the performance of the razor?

Hey I just wanted to chime in that I bought from their dent & ding section and the razor was flawless

Hi Guys,

As answered, most Timeless “scratch and dent” are returned razors that didn’t work for the people who ordered/returned them.

That being said, if you order a S&D razor, you cannot return it. If you don’t like it, you’d have to put it on the BST here or some such.

Hi all,

I ended up buying a Ti .95 OC Matte finish from their S & D section! :)

Saved a good 50$ Thanks for all the advice! Helped a lot in making a decision.

I am from India. I had the razor shipped to a friend who live is California who will carry it along when he comes home during the first week of September :)

I also bought the ti68 sc from the timeless defect option.

Today, a few years later, "where is the scratches/scuffs" is still an unsolved mystery in my mind.
I'll probably in to my grave with this question.
Two months with my Timeless from the S&D section, I am in your position - wondering where on earth the scratch or the dent is. I have examined it under a microscope and still can't figure it out :001_smile:001_smile

As answered, most Timeless “scratch and dent” are returned razors that didn’t work for the people who ordered/returned them.

That being said, if you order a S&D razor, you cannot return it. If you don’t like it, you’d have to put it on the BST here or some such.
Hello!

Two months with my timeless - extremely happy with it! Can't find a single scratch on it, forget a dent! Really glad i took everyone's advice here and saved some money!

Can't agree with you more!

I have been using the Timeless i got from the S&D section and I would not hesitate to buy again from that section! Heck, I will probably buy only from their S&D section :)

Top Bottom