What's new

Time to stop lurking

I figured I should probably go ahead and at least get my first post out of the way. I've been looking over the forum for quite a while now.

I started up wet shaving last July with a pseudo-vintage Gillette super speed (1980, birth year, etc.). It took about a month before I realized that Feather blades were the blades for me. Sharper is better for my beard. Anything less gives me tugging and ingrown hairs. Anyways, over the next few months I got technique and prep down and was ending up with a DFS every day.

Then comes November... the beard began then. I'm ready for it to be gone, but I'm working a power plant outage right now, so it's outage beard time. And as a treat for myself, I've ordered a Japanese style Feather DX with some Pro-guard blades to get rid of this mess. I still have a few weeks left of the beard, but I'll probably post up in the straight razor forum when I can finally use it.

Anyways, I figured it was time to unlurk. Lots of good information here without some of the snobbery from other forums. I look forward to posting more and finally getting back to wet shaving. While it's nice to spend almost no time getting ready in the morning, I miss the time spent shaving. Before wet shaving, I would have never said that.

Hi jragg, welcome to B&B and congratulations for de-lurking yourself!

It sounds like you've already solved most of your newbie problems in advance--that's GREAT! It's always nice to have a more experienced guy around to council those who have never laid a DE to ther faces before. If, when you start hacking into that power-outage undergrowth, some question or problem comes up for you, feel free to post it here. Our members are welcoming and very polite, and we're all happy to lend a hand.

When you get a chance, head over to our Hall of Fame and introduce yourself. Enjoy your time here, and once again WELCOME!

Top Bottom