What's new

Time for a change...

I went through all of my fragrances here at the house and found quite a few I didn't remember I had! If you have noticed my posts, you may remember that I have been "stuck" on Royall Muske from Bermuda for several years. This week I branched out and decided to go through some of the bottles of colognes I have here at the house. I found I have about 46 bottles of Penhaligon's in various scents. One day this week I used Castile which I quite enjoyed and yesterday I used Blenheim Bouquet which I did not like! I remember wearing years ago when some nasty jackass made a not very nice comment about it which stuck with me but I had forgotten which cologne it was until after I sprayed it on.

I still have quite a few bottles of scents in our New York City apartment but I don't go there that often so when I do, I will be unearthing some of the scents I have there as well! I know I have some Creed, Floris and some American scents like Caswell-Massey here and some scents from Santa Maria Novella and some from a defunct company in Paris called Octee and some Roget et Gallet and I just found a bottle of Musco Real and some Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion! "L'Occitane" is in another cabinet in multiples and some other US scents too numerous to mention!

It's time for me to start using these every day and start going through my collection and using them up! I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has an attraction to scents and a large collection so I know you will understand!

Last edited:
David, how could you Not like Blenheim Bouquet! Such an amazing juice!
And, a favorite of Sir Winston!
How could anyone disagree??!!

penhaligon blenheim bouquet gillette abc kent september 30 2015.jpg

I can appreciate the beauty of the scent but the "Pine" note in this kind of formula doesn't work well for me. If it had a balsamic base or some cedar to "sweeten" up the blend it would work for me. I can certainly appreciate the beauty of this scent but it doesn't seem appropriate for me. Rosemary would work for me or even Basil with the rest of the notes in the formula but Pine has too much of a sharp note to smell right on me!

To quote Fragrantica, a favorite site of mine:

"Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men.
Blenheim Bouquet
was launched in 1902.
Top notes are lavender, amalfi lemon and lime; base notes are musk, pine and black pepper."

Note that it doesn't have any middle notes which is somewhat unusual but it is a fine fragrance, just not for me!
Thanks for sharing your handsome photograph!

well, he should have lots of other good Pen choices to keep things interesting for a while!

View attachment 855507

I have everything in your handsome photograph except Juniper Sling and a few other that aren't in that photograph! In case you haven't realized, Penhaligon's is my favorite brand! I've been to every Penhaligon's store in London and even those who carry Penhaligon's scents as well as those in Paris, New York and New Jersey!

I have everything in your handsome photograph except Juniper Sling and a few other that aren't in that photograph! In case you haven't realized, Penhaligon's is my favorite brand! I've been to every Penhaligon's store in London and even those who carry Penhaligon's scents as well as those in Paris, New York and New Jersey!

Do you have a favorite? There are so many great ones from which to choose. I think Sartorial is the best of the line.

Do you have a favorite? There are so many great ones from which to choose. I think Sartorial is the best of the line.
"English Fern" is my most favorite and I like "Sans Pareil" (which I just ordered again), "Castile", "Racquets", "Opus 1870", "Quercus", "LP No:9", "Endymion" and "Lavantium" and "Sartorial" as well!

Top Bottom